Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How to say no to race challenges?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:58 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How to say no to race challenges?

I "beat" an ******* in an Audi TT this morning on the way to work. I just could not help myself. Bet it pissed him off that some hoosier in a stang bested his Audi.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:19 AM
justanotherrs

ORIGINAL: stratjakt

I let them peel off like a douche, note the plates, then call the cops to report them.

A lot of states have new stricter laws against street racing, impounding cars and suspending licenses. Ever since fast and the furious has come out, every 16 year old kid in his moms car is out there putting people at risk.

If you feel ashamed or less of a man because you didnt "meet da challenge of da street yo", then I suggest you look into male enhancement surgery or testosterone patches or something.

The streets aren't a frigging playground, go to the track.
You're right about that, you see those stories in the paper everyday. Problem is most places don't have tracks. Wish I knew of a track closer than a 3 or 4 hour drive away. I think it would be smart if bigger cities would set aside space somewhere to have a cheap track and have open track days. Kinda the way most cities now have skate parks that the kids can use.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

LoL you killed a Audi TT. Good going man, I could of swore that was a chick car. I hate seeing guys try to pimp a chick car I just don't understand it. Thats like me riding around in a miata (It just wouldn't happen)
Old 10-13-2006, 12:17 PM
pdm1

I have seen a lot of police officers in GTs lately, so might be a good idea to cool it!

[IMG]local://upfiles/45321/6B8D5389BA724611A135083354B20E0A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

Heres the best experience i ever had with someone trying to get me to race.

A few years back, when i had a Trans-Am, a Corvette owner walked over to me at a gas station. I had already noticed that he had been eyeing my car from the moment he drove up. He walked up and said "thats a sharp car...whats under the hood?" I just smiled at him. I knew what he was getting at. He then said "You want to run em?" I again just smiled and said "I'll make you a deal, if you can outrun it, i will show you whats under the hood" He smiled back and said "never mind" as he walked away. The Corvette would likely have eaten my T/A alive, i only had a 305 in it. But the jackass psyched himself out wondering what i had under the hood.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:45 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

haha nice!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:15 PM
MarioP3_XR4Ti
1st Gear Member

When I was a kid growing up in Edmonds, WA we could/would go up towards Everett, WA and race on the old Mukilteo speedway. Several miles of straight road, four lanes wide with a center turn lane, nothing along side most of it except some industrial places that were closed and the Everett Boeing plant at the beginning which wasn't running 24 hours at that time (or if it was we never saw any traffic coming or going). We'd have time and safetly to open the headers, run slicks and generally just drag race. Now, I've gone back over there and you couldn't swing a tire iron around your head without hitting something, and people are busy, going 24/7. Yeah, I used to street race. Now I don't do it (though I have occasionally forgotten and done just that-but I feel like an *hole afterwards...) and I hate to see others do so, not that I care if you kill yourself, but why should you put other non-interested people at risk?

I have a toy, it's quite fast, handles pretty well and satisfies my need for speed without my feeling the need to challange others to show that I am faster... I prefer a fast back country road drive to a drag race anyday. And it's not the Mustang, that's my wifes new toy. I drive a Merkur XR4Ti for fun and a big Dodge truck for transportation.