Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:44 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Default Sometimes there's nothing you can do

Today the sun was not shining on me or my beloved Tungstang as I was involved in a multicar accident. There was three of us in a line at a stoplight (me in the middle) when a fourth car hit the car behind me at full speed. She didn't even brake. I don't know her circumstances but she was the most injured and got the first ambulance ride. I got the second. My injuries are limited to scrapes and deep bruises but they were precautious because my neck and back hurt like hell. The most destressing part for me besides the bodily injuries everyone sustained is the paramedic said my car was buckeled and most likely totaled. I've had her ten months and I I've put in so much work into her only to see it taken away in flash. Alot of things will play out with insurance over the next week and then I'll know for sure if it's totaled. If it is, I dont have the energy to go through the modding process again. My car was basically a GT clone so I'll try to get a GT. If I can't I wont get a Mustang at all.

Anyway, I'm just ranting, the accident was just 5 hours ago and I'm overflowing with emotions and I needed to vent.

Dammit I just had mycolor installed Monday!!

This sucks!

Old 10-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sometimes there's nothing you can do

Damn dude that sucks! Hope you feel better and everything goes well with the insurance!
ORIGINAL: amystery2u

Today the sun was not shining on me or my beloved Tungstang as I was involved in a multicar accident. There was three of us in a line at a stoplight (me in the middle) when a fourth car hit the car behind me at full speed. She didn't even brake. I don't know her circumstances but she was the most injured and got the first ambulance ride. I got the second. My injuries are limited to scrapes and deep bruises but they were precautious because my neck and back hurt like hell. The most destressing part for me besides the bodily injuries everyone sustained is the paramedic said my car was buckeled and most likely totaled. I've had her ten months and I I've put in so much work into her only to see it taken away in flash. Alot of things will play out with insurance over the next week and then I'll know for sure if it's totaled. If it is, I dont have the energy to go through the modding process again. My car was basically a GT clone so I'll try to get a GT. If I can't I wont get a Mustang at all.

Anyway, I'm just ranting, the accident was just 5 hours ago and I'm overflowing with emotions and I needed to vent.

Dammit I just had mycolor installed Monday!!

This sucks!

Old 10-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

I hate to hear that man sometimes I think to myself is it really worth it putting your money into a car cause you never get it back outta of it especially if you get into a wreck my friend had a old chevelle that he didn't have antique insurance on because he just finished it and he knew he couldn't drive it much through the winter, but after winter was over he was going to get full coverage.............after putting $13,000 in it he got in a wreck and lost all that money the Insurance said it was only worth $425.00 dollars
Old 10-13-2006, 12:12 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

glad you made it out without serious injuries....also I
hope you get another pony
Old 10-13-2006, 12:17 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Sorry man, i feel for you. I got caught in the same type of sandwich accident a few years back getting onto an interstate...now's the aggrevating part, hope it all works out.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:27 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Dude, that really stinks. I'm glad that you weren't more seriously injured. Keep us posted on your progress (health-wise and with your Stang).
Old 10-13-2006, 01:37 AM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

Sorry for your misfortune and hope you feel better
Old 10-13-2006, 01:54 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

Wow, that's too bad!
Be thankful you weren't seriously injured though.
You can always replace a car, but body parts are a lot more difficult to replace.

My advice to you is to keep mum to the insurance company about your mods because those *** are always looking for a way to weasel out of paying.
Get a body shop of YOUR choosing to inspect the car and decide what needs to be done.

IMHO the best thing you can do is get the car totaled because after a serious accident like that, chances are good it will never be the same.
If you got a good deal on the car you should get most of your money back and your insurance company will go after the other person's insurance company to collect your deductable.
Seeing as you were standing still, it's pretty much a given you will win this one.

Above all DO NOT SIGN ANY PAPERS!!!!!
The other insurance companie(s) are going to send you stuff asking for description of the accident scene etc.

DO NOT ANSWER THEM DIRECTLY!

Instead, let them know that you are forwarding the papers to YOUR insurance company for review.

Best of luck to you!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:09 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Above all else, be glad you're around to sign onto your computer and vent to all of us on the forum...glad to hear you weren't seriously injured. GOD BLESS
Old 10-13-2006, 02:30 AM
bswor
1st Gear Member

Ouch sorry to hear it. I'm glad that you werent injured to severly, the sun will shine again...