Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Adventures at the Dealership... Or, Hey I Got a Warranty, I'm Gonna Use It

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 02:01 AM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Default Adventures at the Dealership... Or, Hey I Got a Warranty, I'm Gonna Use It

So I finally got tired of my Skipper 500 head unit skipping when it shouldn't, it also shut of a few times and even restarts CDs when the car starts; I also got tired of having a gas pump shut off on me after about five gallons when I'm filling up. That said, I made a trip down to the dealership the other day.

Three hours after leaving the car with them, I get a call saying there isn't a problem with the gas tank, it's got one of the new ones. And I they'll call me in a few days when my new stereo comes in.

Anyone else have any troubles with their 06's gas tank?
Old 11-12-2006, 03:05 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Adventures at the Dealership... Or, Hey I Got a Warranty, I'm Gonna Use It

i knocked the sensor out of place doing some "recreational activites" in my 06, so my tank dropped from 3/4 to empty and stayed that way, but the stealership fixed it. go to a different dealership and raise hell.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:12 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Adventures at the Dealership... Or, Hey I Got a Warranty, I'm Gonna Use It

I knocked the sensor outta place too in my 06' Im supposed to bring it in, still waiting..... they are slamed with people bringing back their cars...
Old 11-12-2006, 03:34 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

yea the sensor is so sensitive. it really pissed me off when it happened. i looked like such a deusch bag. i was doing donuts at a football game in front of like 50 people with one of my friends that has a camaro, and then i hear this BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP and i stop and get out of my car and look under cause i thought i like ripped open my gas tank or something (frantic, scared thoughts) lol.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:45 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Doughnuts at a football game?? LOL how fun.. hehe... I made a U-turn that sloped down on my left... and I simply floored it because of on-comming cars, then I started noticing my gas light is on and my fuel is going down like it was a major leak! but there was nothing... I shut off the car and started it up a few times, and no luck.. the light went away but im still driving on E.. hehe
Old 11-12-2006, 03:51 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

lol....yea our football team sucks so its pretty much everyone goes to the game to get together, then goes and parties when half time comes. nobody really stays for the whole thing, and i had this girl in my car that i really wanted to ummm.....talk to? LOL. she said "do a donut tehehe" so i did. then i touched her places.

good story eh?!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:56 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

i had the fuel fill problem got it fixed. Stop working again. Fixed again. Now again it doesnt fill but im over it. Figured out if i turn the gas fill handle upside down itll fill all the way up.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

lol....yea our football team sucks so its pretty much everyone goes to the game to get together, then goes and parties when half time comes. nobody really stays for the whole thing, and i had this girl in my car that i really wanted to ummm.....talk to? LOL. she said "do a donut tehehe" so i did. then i touched her places.

good story eh?!

what sort of places? like her elbow? Ankle perhaps?
Old 11-12-2006, 02:36 PM
finch00
2nd Gear Member

mmmmmmm elbow... <in my best homer simpson voice>

anyway it was cold as ***** the other morning and i turned my car on the gas gauge bounced around it beeped told me i had 0 miles to E.

after some more beeping i magicly had 60 mile to e and 1/4 tank... i'm assuming this is a sensor issue too i've been meaning to take her in but i hate beinging w/o a car for even a day.