Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

leaks in floorboards/ from under dash?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 06:01 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Default leaks in floorboards/ from under dash?

Has anyone experienced any leaks in the front floorboards? I just went out after a bit of very light rain and found both the front floorboards have wet spots like something was dripping down from under the dash. We have a coupe not a vert so it can't be the top seals. Any inormation from anyone that has experienced this problem or a similar problem would be great. I did a search and all I came up with was and issue on some poor sealing done at the factories at the door seams and kickpanel junction, but you'd think that would only be a problem if you were moving and water could splash in.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:08 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default RE: leaks in floorboards/ from under dash?

I read a post on here talking about that very problem. It has something to do with the door seals.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Check the area right in front of the windshield, under the plastic panels (where the wiper arms attach).

Mine had a missing plastic seal that the trim panel clips into, as well a a seam with cracked sealer under there. Dealer took six tries and couldn't find the issue. Had to do so myself....

Also while you're under there, check the cabin air filter (it is in the same area). Mine was in backwards (not sure if that was a "factory" issue or something the dealer chimps did while not fixing it)
Old 01-14-2007, 07:16 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

Check the area right in front of the windshield, under the plastic panels (where the wiper arms attach).

Mine had a missing plastic seal that the trim panel clips into, as well a a seam with cracked sealer under there. Dealer took six tries and couldn't find the issue. Had to do so myself....

Also while you're under there, check the cabin air filter (it is in the same area). Mine was in backwards (not sure if that was a "factory" issue or something the dealer chimps did while not fixing it)
Hi,
nice lookin ride. Who makes that hood scoop?
Where is your antenna? Don't see it.
That's really weird about the seal. Makessense that water would leak from there with doors etc. closed.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Hi,
nice lookin ride. Who makes that hood scoop?
Where is your antenna? Don't see it.
That's really weird about the seal. Makessense that water would leak from there with doors etc. closed.
Thanks!

That's a CDC Classic scoop on the factory hood.

I have a UPR antenna delete that I painted black on the fender mount. I have XM satellite radio, as well as an iPod interface in the car, so I rarely need regular radio, and when I do, it still pulls in most stations ok even with the antenna delete.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:15 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

I got that same antenna. i hated that huge antenna lol
Old 01-14-2007, 08:41 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

my leak, after they finally admitted it was leaking, was in the left passenger side of the windsheild. There was a crack in the seal, they tried to blame it on the sunroof and on some tiny hole in the firewall. Have not had it out on the rain since then to test it. Good luck getting it fixed. My wife was the one that found the leak in ours, not ford.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:09 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

is that a factory sunroof? if not what size is it and where did you get it....looks good on your car.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:36 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

Thank you very much, I really love it. Not a factory sunroof, it comes from Inalfa. It is their EVO series model. Had it installed by a local car shop. No problems so far. It is an inroof.