Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

msd dashhawk? or sct livewire? i need help guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 05:24 PM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

Default msd dashhawk? or sct livewire? i need help guys

ok i have a 2006 V6 auto with a K&n CAI and an axleback exhaust. i currently have a predator flash programmer on the car but it doesn't have a custom tune for a CAI. so i am afraid i am running lean. i dont really hear any pinging but i am still concerned. so i have the moeny and i wanted a data logger and display so i was wondering do i go with the MSD Dashhawk or get rid of the predator and go with the SCT livewire which would allow me to view my air/fuel and adjust it. my question is has anyone used either of these? can they both or either display the air/fuel ratio right through the regular port(i believe its obdII) or would i need to install an extra sensor? because if they do i can just get the dashhawk and tune it with my predator. so any and all input is greatly appreciated.

also what is the a good or normal ratio for a N/a 4.0l 6-cylinder mustang with just a CAI and echaust so i kno what to look for. also would it show up as a trouble could if it was lean?

thank you guys for your help.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:00 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: msd dashhawk? or sct livewire? i need help guys

ORIGINAL: S1ckStang

ok i have a 2006 V6 auto with a K&n CAI and an axleback exhaust. i currently have a predator flash programmer on the car but it doesn't have a custom tune for a CAI. so i am afraid i am running lean. i dont really hear any pinging but i am still concerned. so i have the moeny and i wanted a data logger and display so i was wondering do i go with the MSD Dashhawk or get rid of the predator and go with the SCT livewire which would allow me to view my air/fuel and adjust it. my question is has anyone used either of these? can they both or either display the air/fuel ratio right through the regular port(i believe its obdII) or would i need to install an extra sensor? because if they do i can just get the dashhawk and tune it with my predator. so any and all input is greatly appreciated.

also what is the a good or normal ratio for a N/a 4.0l 6-cylinder mustang with just a CAI and echaust so i kno what to look for. also would it show up as a trouble could if it was lean?

thank you guys for your help.
To view your A/F you will need to add a wideband O2 regardless of which device you go with. Currently though the Dashhawk doesn't have the ability to hook up a wideband. I'm also unsure how much adjusting you'll really be able to do with the Livewire. However I do think the K&N is probably one of the better/safer CAI that don't require a tune.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:18 AM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

ok thank you very much. i just purchased the livewire and they allow you to specify what you want in the tune i told them what intake and exhaust i have it was great so that will arrive in a few days and it is personally customized. for my car.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:00 PM
lance_scott1

with the dashhawk, you have to buy a wideband sensor to read the a/f?
and also once you have that sensor you can adjust your a/f right?

wanting to get this and wanted some help
Old 09-14-2007, 03:16 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

As scrming stated, you need a wideband for the dashhawk and the livewire if you want to log the afr.
Personally I would of bought the livewire from Alternative Auto, with tunes for your car. They make me quickest bolt on.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Scrming, just wondered how much hp did u have on the stang before u sold it? And how's the hummer treating u? Any offroading orother advantanges over the stangthat u've used it foryet?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

yeah, K&N's dont even need a tuner to run. Like my AEM, the MAF housing is stock size and the only significant benefit is the filter itself. The predator has specific tunes for the C&L, Steeda and JLT only (i'm pretty sure) because of the larger MAF housing. These tunes are an addition to their regular 87, 91 and 93 perf tunes for stock intakes and aftermarket intakes with stock size MAF housings. Let us know how your new unit works out.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:04 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: scrming

To view your A/F you will need to add a wideband O2 regardless of which device you go with. Currently though the Dashhawk doesn't have the ability to hook up a wideband.
Version 2 of the DashHawkHAS the ability to add a wideband sensor.
The manual states so, but I do not have it hooked up. But the users manual
states that itCAN monitor a wideband sensor.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Scrming, just wondered how much hp did u have on the stang before u sold it? And how's the hummer treating u? Any offroading orother advantanges over the stangthat u've used it foryet?
Just look at the pic under his name, cant get much more off road than that! Makes me want to get out my ATV