Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

exhaust question??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:34 AM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

Default exhaust question??

ok so i really want to do a muffler delte on my car but problem is there are no good shops around here, does any company sell like pipes for and exhaust kit that bolt up as an axle back for a gt or 6??? i know its a weird request but if anyone has seen this let me know. because i could easily install it myself long as theres no welding. and i prefer it that way so i can swap it out at inspection time. and if they make no such part do you think it would be possible to go to a muffle shop and bring my muffler and be like can you fabe up a pipe to these specs but just straight through with a tip? because i don't trust a regular muffler shop with my car i would rather do it myself. any input or help is greatly appreciated.

also:if anyone knows of a dual exhaust kit that would give a nice loud rumble at idle and sound good let me know
Old 03-30-2007, 03:06 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: exhaust question??

Think it would have to be custom. How're the LM's though? I'm suprised, as they should be similar to a muffler delete
Old 03-30-2007, 03:11 PM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: exhaust question??

well right now i am just running a single and i was debating as to order the axleback dual kit form ninosport or to jsut get somewthing fabbed up with and hpipe and no mufflers. no the single sounds good but i am still baffled by this sounds very different than no muffle i examined the pipe for a while and theres no porting or anything it is strightthro smooth. yet still has a tone i have heard a 6 with lm's and a 6 with no mufflers and the no mufflers sounds so much deeper and a better rumble it could fool you at an idle to a v8. but i guess im screwed and got to take it to a shop i just dont trust people with ym baby. does anyone know of a gt or any good exhaust or axleback that give a nice rumble.

also does anyone have any experience with boom tubes? are they basically a loudmouth? thank you again