Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

speeding ticket issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:31 PM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: speeding ticket issue

also on the ticket it says plead guilty by mail or not guilty by mail...what do you think is my best bet to do
?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:32 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Phone Book
ORIGINAL: mustangballer20

how do i find a "ticket clinic"?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:35 PM
bobsmilie2000
I ♥ Acer

also on the ticket it says plead guilty by mail or not guilty by mail...what do you think is my best bet to do
?
id plead not guilty then when you go to the hearing pleade no contest, tell them the story and the fine should be reduced with no points or drvers schools added on. IMO
Old 06-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

check the phone book, there are a million of them, i got caught doing 29 over in a 55 and i got out of it by just paying 90 bucks for a lawyer
Old 06-02-2007, 11:19 PM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

what is it under in the phone book...and what are the steps reguarding the ticket itself...do i need to send it in...plead not guilty?

i just dont want to pay a ton of money for a fine or get screwed with my license
Old 06-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Bandit111
2nd Gear Member

Dude i feel for ya and hope you get it worked out.I can understand this really.Like for instance the trucker is doing 50mph on a 55,but waiting for a dotted line and a clear spot don't happens always for long and trying to pass him and safely get back in your lane would take a long time at 55 or so which actually makes it prolly not possible so you are stuck eatin his pebbles and wind and just a wastin time,lol-
Old 06-03-2007, 12:23 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i got a speeding ticket when i was 18, i was doing 90 on a 50. this was before my mustang. i was driving my mom's hand me down (1997 nissan altima 4 banger). all the lights were green and i didn't realize how fast i was going. i still say the cop clocked me wrong. i'm pretty sure i was doing over 100 but i'll stick with 90 lol.

anyways, i went to court, plead guilty, got no points on my record as long as i went to traffic school. 8 hr session = $100, speeding ticket = 300, getting my @ss kicked by mom = priceless.

that ticket taught me a lesson for 18 months. after 18 months it was as if the court never heard of me and i started getting my lead foot back haha.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:15 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bobsmilie2000

?
id plead not guilty then when you go to the hearing pleade no contest, tell them the story and the fine should be reduced with no points or drvers schools added on. IMO
[/align][/align]+1, this is your best option, I am only 21 and I have had 10 speeding tickets and I only have 2 on my record right now. If you have to though just go to the driving school and ur all good. Sometimes they will just give u probation for like 6 months or soo[/align]
Old 06-03-2007, 03:21 PM
MarioP3_XR4Ti
1st Gear Member

Why would you ask a car crowd for legal help? DO you go to a lawyer's formum to ask for help diagnosing your cars problems?

First thing, each state has different legal definitions for all the issues you have asked for help on, so someone from Florida, even if they've a lot of experience with getting and fixing tickets - isn't relevent to your issue.

Second thing, your circumstances are never going to match what someone else here had to deal with (weather, car conditions, police attitudes...) so, again, your situation is unique and you need to figure out how to get it fixed (if it can be) by someone who specializes in this...

Got a question about how do deal with a ticket, get a mouthpiece who specializes in helping people fight tickets. Open your phone book, look in the yellow pages under attorney's. You may find out you have little recourse but to plead guilty. Just don't decide what to do from advise from a Mustang Forum...
Old 06-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

if you think u havea good shot at winning appeal it but even tho you you have a good story to back up the speeding. the fact of the matter is u were speeding. cops could care less about the reason, unless its something really serious like your rushing you wife to the hospitol cuz she is 9 month preg. try to appeal it. how much did he write you up for? odds are tho , if u have a clean record, they will get rid of the points but you will still have to pay the fine. just make it sound like you feel completley horrible for speeding.

Quick Reply: speeding ticket issue