Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

"Y" pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 PM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: "Y" pipe?

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: DUG5SPD

yes thats what i was talkin about, cause i heard that an H doesnt help performance that much and may even hurt it cause of back preassure issues, but thanks
I asked my Ford Dealer if they did the dual conversions. They referred me to a muffler shop and they recommend the X pipe. I know Ford Racing sells X-pipes.
Just be careful about cutting into your head pipes.....from what I understand (I don't know if there is any truth to this) it could void your warranty. That's why I asked Ford first.
Its all about WHO you talk to.
When I went into the ford dealership the first time, some ******* barely let me even finish explaining my X-pipe set up, before he said its now out of warrenty because of "back pressure issues"

I looked at one of the service dudes like "wtf?" and he said " depends who you talk to" quietly.

Next time I went in, one of the guys was like " Did you touch the cats?" nope, cut behind them. "Well, then its still in warranty"
Find one of the nicer guys there and you shouldn't have problems.

Either way,

X-pipe FTW
Old 06-06-2007, 11:03 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheBlackPearl

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: DUG5SPD

yes thats what i was talkin about, cause i heard that an H doesnt help performance that much and may even hurt it cause of back preassure issues, but thanks
I asked my Ford Dealer if they did the dual conversions. They referred me to a muffler shop and they recommend the X pipe. I know Ford Racing sells X-pipes.
Just be careful about cutting into your head pipes.....from what I understand (I don't know if there is any truth to this) it could void your warranty. That's why I asked Ford first.
Its all about WHO you talk to.
When I went into the ford dealership the first time, some ******* barely let me even finish explaining my X-pipe set up, before he said its now out of warrenty because of "back pressure issues"

I looked at one of the service dudes like "wtf?" and he said " depends who you talk to" quietly.

Next time I went in, one of the guys was like " Did you touch the cats?" nope, cut behind them. "Well, then its still in warranty"
Find one of the nicer guys there and you shouldn't have problems.

Either way,

X-pipe FTW
That's what I mean.....if you mess with the catalytic converter or cut the head pipes, it could void your warranty.....but you are right, make sure you talk to someone who knows what they are doing. I know the service manager pretty well where I go, so there shouldn't be a problem for me. Especially since they recommended me to a particular shop.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:25 AM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

I am also planning on getting the y pipe set up from ninosport and gt mufflers. I called ninosport and they said that the y setup almost acts as an x because when you bolt on the inverted y to the existing y the length of pipe where it narrows down in between the two is not that long . Looks like less than a foot from the photo I saw of the system .They also said it is an entirely bolt on system . No welding , No cutting and can be done in my driveway within a couple hours. $ 279 including shipping .They said if I bought their gt mufflers which I believe they said were $89 that they would reduce the price a little more.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:02 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

My Ford dealer installed my Pypes!

He was just itchin' to put them on.

He kept asking "are they in yet?" and "when are we gonna put 'em on?"

Here's a few new vids from the OUTSIDE of the Pypes True Duals w/ "X" and Street Pros.

Acceleration:
http://media.putfile.com/SOHCman-Pypes-Acceleration
Flyby-3rdGear:
http://media.putfile.com/SOHCman-Pypes-Flyby-3rdGear

SOHC

Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

"How's yourNino's conversion? I am ready to buy the GT500 rear bumper and I am thinking of the same set-uplike yours. I am going your route because just in case I have toput my mustang back to stock. Is there'a any rattling problem?
Thanks. "

ehh, when you start the car up there is a slight rattle, but after 30 seconds it goes away.... I dont know why!.

also, ninosport fvcked up on the fabrication of this conversion, the pipes hit the gas tank, and have to be cut the welded in different places, so its not completely a bolt on.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:47 PM
mustangpogi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

"How's yourNino's conversion? I am ready to buy the GT500 rear bumper and I am thinking of the same set-uplike yours. I am going your route because just in case I have toput my mustang back to stock. Is there'a any rattling problem?
Thanks. "

ehh, when you start the car up there is a slight rattle, but after 30 seconds it goes away.... I dont know why!.

also, ninosport fvcked up on the fabrication of this conversion, the pipes hit the gas tank, and have to be cut the welded in different places, so its not completely a bolt on.
Do you have the underneath pictures of your car so that I have an idea how will it looked like for installation. Nino said that it's bolt on because I don't wan t to weld it. I don't want to pay for welding.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

I have the Nino conversion kit on mine and it didn't required any modification !

Can be a batch issue.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:11 AM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

Dineau

Did you install it yourself and was it as easy as they say it is . How's low end torque now ? The same, better , worse ??