Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why?

I always respond: "its a supercharged 6er"

People tend to all have the same responce: "woah, pop the hood"

the point is, people dont say it to be ********. infact, when meet a person with a mustang, i noramally ask them the same thing. you guys all act like that when you have to "admit" that it is a six you should be ashamed of yourself. there is no need to get pissey about it.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 PM
LilBluPony
2nd Gear Member

I agree with all of you. I keep getting the same crap. "Why didn't you get a GT?" Like the GT is all powerful and ALMIGHTY! And then, is it a GT, until they look at my "rear" and see single exhaust....still can see the confusion. The exhaust can be converted right? Anyway, so to end all doubt to anyone who looks at my pony and asks the question....I solved it!! Check it out....

NOW, if someone asks if it's a 6 or 8, I get the opportunity to slap the **** outta them!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:08 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4Rowdy

ORIGINAL: MlissaG

I love my v6 but after driving my boyfriends v8 im always kinda dissapointed I didnt go for the v8... its just crazy more powerful
You know, I drove the v8 before I bought the v6. Then even after I boughtmy used v6 I had a few regrets at first for not goingfor a new v8.Those regretsare all gone now though simply because I have come to grips with the idea that:
1) I am not in debt and I have a title in my hand,
2) I get better gas mileage than a v8,
3) I still get to the next red light at the same time as a v8,
and 4) I can make my v6 look like a v8 without paying a fortune, if I choose!

It is funny though how many people don't know the difference, that just blows me away!
I hear ya 4Rowdy! Heck around here speed limit is 55 so no matter what you drive, most all will drive the same unless they want to take a chance with the state troopers who patrol the area quite frequently.
Speaking of, on my way out to work this morning I saw a black '07 Pony Package racing a Focus down the interstate.......guess who was pulled over down the road!
But yeah, I do get sick of the folks who say, "A V6? Why didn't you get a GT?" Hey, it's my $$ and if I choose to spend it on a V6 then props to me! I owe nothing.....car is paid for!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:14 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LilBluPony

I agree with all of you. I keep getting the same crap. "Why didn't you get a GT?" Like the GT is all powerful and ALMIGHTY! And then, is it a GT, until they look at my "rear" and see single exhaust....still can see the confusion. The exhaust can be converted right? Anyway, so to end all doubt to anyone who looks at my pony and asks the question....I solved it!! Check it out....

NOW, if someone asks if it's a 6 or 8, I get the opportunity to slap the **** outta them!
Yep exhauset can be converted to duals. I have the x pipe set up on order now. Haaaa...that should confused the terds who ask!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:20 PM
LilBluPony
2nd Gear Member

HAHAHA!! No, I meant can a GT's dual exhaust be converted to single? LOL Thats what I truly meant. I didn't getting duals just for the simple reason I didn't want peeps to think it was a GT.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:42 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

LilBluPony-- where did you get those grilles??? Those are cool!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:45 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

AMEN BROTHER!!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:12 PM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

Granted having a V8 is more fun... i use the term loosely, but seriously, u may out run tht patrol car behind u, but u can't out run that radio.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:32 PM
LilBluPony
2nd Gear Member

LilBluPony-- where did you get those grilles??? Those are cool!!!
It's a Heritage Custom Grille. Got it at Moss Mustang but I see EBay had a few on there too! Thanks!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MlissaG

I love my v6 but after driving my boyfriends v8 im always kinda dissapointed I didnt go for the v8... its just crazy more powerful
You know, I drove the v8 before I bought the v6. Then even after I boughtmy used v6 I had a few regrets at first for not goingfor a new v8.Those regretsare all gone now though simply because I have come to grips with the idea that:

It is funny though how many people don't know the difference, that just blows me away!
you do know the v8 gets 1 mpg worse than the v6 city and highway?