Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Thinking of FI

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:43 PM
xTato
1st Gear Member

Default Thinking of FI

So im getting bored withthe speed of my car and want to walk all over the stock gt's that hang around my town. So ive been thinken of dropping the 5000$ or so for some FI. I need to know what is going to be reliable and give me good bang for my buck.

Ive heard of some reliabilty issues with the x-chargers, Ive also been looking at prochargers and was wondering if anyone had one for their 4.0 and if they have had any problems, and what kinda gains they got.
Thanks for the help
Old 07-26-2007, 10:01 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking of FI

There are no reliability issues with the X on the V6 Mustang. Where did you get your info?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:28 PM
xTato
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

There are no reliability issues with the X on the V6 Mustang. Where did you get your info?
Oops my bad i went to the thread i read about sc issues and it turns out it was the vortech, and i looked around about the x-charger and found it seems to be reliable.

Im intrested more in the twin screw sc then a centerfugal just for the low end torque. What price range can i get the x-charger and what kind of gains can i expect with current mods + headers.

And if i get the lsd with 3.73 will this dip me into the 12's range.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 06:21 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xTato

Oops my bad i went to the thread i read about sc issues and it turns out it was the vortech, and i looked around about the x-charger and found it seems to be reliable.

Im intrested more in the twin screw sc then a centerfugal just for the low end torque. What price range can i get the x-charger and what kind of gains can i expect with current mods + headers.

Thanks
You buy the kit from http://www.explorerexpress.com
Most straight up installs with a 3:31 open rear runhigh 13's. RWHP 260 to 280 - RWTQ 270-290 depending on the kit and other mods.(collected from posted dyno data)Several ownershave had higher numbers. The Hi-Po kit runs a smaller pulley, CAI and a couple of pounds more boost. It's recommended you go with water injection on the hi-po kit.

Here's my stock kit (I also have the HP kit but I'm not running it at the moment)

Old 07-27-2007, 12:05 PM
xTato
1st Gear Member

Thanks
You buy the kit from http://www.explorerexpress.com
Most straight up installs with a 3:31 open rear runhigh 13's. RWHP 260 to 280 - RWTQ 270-290 depending on the kit and other mods.(collected from posted dyno data)Several ownershave had higher numbers. The Hi-Po kit runs a smaller pulley, CAI and a couple of pounds more boost. It's recommended you go with water injection on the hi-po kit.

Here's my stock kit (I also have the HP kit but I'm not running it at the moment)

Thanks for the help gray pony, and might i add nice ride!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:11 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

@xTato

Your welcome and thanks.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:48 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Thanks
No, it will most likely not get you in the 12's....

As far as Vortech relibility... i'm assuming you are talking about the one that lost a seal and dumped the oil? I'm not sure that is 100% Vortech's fault.... Lidio had set that one up to spray the meth into the head unit... as much as I trust Lidio, i'm not sure that didn't contribute to the failure... I may be way off base here.. but I wouldn't say Vortech's have a relibility issue based on that one unit...

Prochargers are really cranking out some great numbers...

And if you have some extra $$$, i would go turbo... those guys are rocking! Easist way to get into the 12's! Deep 12's! LOL!

Old 07-27-2007, 06:50 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I would go turbo too. Thats the way right there. I love my procharger but I would have most likely went turbo if there was a reputable kit out at that time. Just couldn't wait another year lol
Old 07-28-2007, 08:51 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Thanks
No, it will most likely not get you in the 12's....

As far as Vortech relibility... i'm assuming you are talking about the one that lost a seal and dumped the oil? I'm not sure that is 100% Vortech's fault.... Lidio had set that one up to spray the meth into the head unit... as much as I trust Lidio, i'm not sure that didn't contribute to the failure... I may be way off base here.. but I wouldn't say Vortech's have a relibility issue based on that one unit...

Prochargers are really cranking out some great numbers...

And if you have some extra $$$, i would go turbo... those guys are rocking! Easist way to get into the 12's! Deep 12's! LOL!

I agree about reliability, there havent been enough problems with any of them on a consistent basis. I think there has been 1 or 2 issues overall and it was very isolated and was worked out without too much grief. if your after 12s it is a tough road no matter what. LOL
Old 07-28-2007, 09:01 AM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

So im getting bored withthe speed of my car and want to walk all over the stock gt's that hang around my town. So ive been thinken of dropping the 5000$ or so for some FI. I need to know what is going to be reliable and give me good bang for my buck.

Ive heard of some reliabilty issues with the x-chargers, Ive also been looking at prochargers and was wondering if anyone had one for their 4.0 and if they have had any problems, and what kinda gains they got.
Thanks for the help
All systems have been reliable....

here is another option from forced4

http://media.putfile.com/a-ride-on-the-twister