Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pypes Performance Exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:26 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes Performance Exhaust ?

ORIGINAL: kuli

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

BTW, $275 is a great price! I paid $315 for mine!
How hard was it to slice into the existing pipes coming out of the cats?
I had a shop do mine. They said putting the pipes on was very easy. The x-pipe set up fit like a glove. It was the mufflers that were a little tricky.

Once guy asked if I wanted the cats gutted.....I said no because of warranty issues as well as getting the car inspected. Also the sensors are located near the cats.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:07 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

What did you pay to have the system put on your car? I was thinking that about $100 would be a fair price for the labor.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:41 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DylanFan

What did you pay to have the system put on your car? I was thinking that about $100 would be a fair price for the labor.
Well....the shop happens to be a client of mine and they are really a transmission shop but they build and race Ford cars. I asked them when I first talked about getting the exhaust if they could do it for me. I kind of was hesitant because they had never converted a V6 to duals but I was confident that since they build race cars they could handle it.

It took them two days mainly because of other work that had to be done in their shop. It was kept in the shop on a lift so I didn't have to worry about it getting banged up. They also cut thebumper for me as well as touching upthe edge.Total was $200.00 mainly for the aggravation it was on their part trying to fabricate a hanger for the left muffler. I will say this much, I have had no problems rattling or drone. The only thing is I believe mine hang just a little to low, but if I got a rear valence that should help hide them better. Or I could take the mufflers off and paint them flat black with engine paint.

Another shop that I was going to take it to quoted me $80.00 for the install.....but they wanted me to leave my precious in their very tight spaced parking lot in "not so good" area.....I said NOT!

Check around some muffler shops and ask them if they could convert your V6 to duals. Let them know that you will supply the parts needed.