Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Going Duals!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Going Duals!

I don't know, maybe I should go dual JBA's then. I heard some clips and thought that the MRT's sounded deeper thanthe JBA's. That's whyI wanted them.Could be wrong though. I don't like the pypes sound. I don't really care about the drone because I have 4.10 racing gears that wine at high speeds. So my new ? is, which mufflers do u think sound deeper? Thanx for all the help!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Sancho, people say 5-10rwhp from shorty JBA headers. Since the MRT's sound ricey in most people opinions, I'll go dual JBA's. The single I have is pretty deep, not V8 deep, but it might be close after the headers and H. Thanx guys for the help, and hey Wickerbill, sorry for all the trouble in the past, I'm only 19 and go off sometimes for no reason at all. Bury the hatchet? Thanx for the help w/the exhaust!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:28 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

From all the clips I have heard, the FRPP muffs sound the best.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

yeah some people do like that popping and cracking sound but to me it reminds me too much of these imports running up and down the road with mufflers larger than their engines, I wont use themost over used slang "rice" though [&:]

IMO exhaust is supposed to have a low, deep rumble instead of sounding like a pissed off weedeater
what exhaust do you have? most seem to have that popping effect at high rpm's. so the best way to get rid of that is with headers?
You get the popping noise when the mufflers are COLD...

That's what most people do... go to their car, start the camera, start their car and rev it.

Sounds crappy no matter what low-restriction muffler you have.

Wait until they warm up before revving it.

See this vid, started COLD, popped a few times, warmed up quick, no more popping...

http://media.putfile.com/SOHC-V6-Pyp...away-when-warm

SOHC
Old 09-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

more flow, deeper the tone, dont worry steelstang no problem here man
Old 09-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanx, I'm gonna definitly buy the JBA shortys and JBA mufflers with in the next 2 weeks when I have the money. I'll post how they sound when I get em. And I'll post how long it takes for them to break in. Thanx for all the help!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

v6mustangstuff.com is running a special on JBA shorties I think they are $389.00, not ceramic coated though. You can get the mids and X pipe from pypes for $279
Old 09-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanx for the help wickerbill, that's where I'm gonna get my jba shorties and jba mufflers. Already got the mids and a gt h-pipe takeoff for $90 slightly used. The stainless steel JBA shorty's which I'm getting from there are $350. And the mufflers will run $310 from there. I'll update everyone whenit's set-up and done. Thanx again!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:25 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Where I live, a lot guys have old lifted trucks that are loud as hell. All of them got V8s and all of them have loud mean exhaust that pop from time to time when you rev. It's not just a "rice" thing, it depends on how your motor runs, your exhaust, cats, headers etc. I love the sound of an old V8 reving and popping and gurgling
Old 09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I don't care if the exhaust pops a littleas long as it's a deep note and loud!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going Duals!