Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Vortech info and help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:05 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Vortech info and help!

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05
Anyone reading this, those are best case scenario #'s which almost never come out like that.
You really need to stop soliciting responses for the "bench racing" numbers game. You ask the same question, multiple times it seems, in various threads, pm's, emails and posts until someone comes out of the wood work and gives you the answer you want. Here are a few things to consider:

1. We have V6's, which means road less traveled and gains will not be as good as on a V8 car
2. You are not going to get a 10rwhp gain on a NA car for a TB. Not unless the dyno is inflated or not setup for SAE
3. Click on this: https://mustangforums.com/search.asp , it's what most of us started out with

Look at the dynos posted, but know no two cars are the the same. Some cars dyno low, some dyno high. You have different dyno conditions on different days, or even same days different hour. Some dyno operators allow for proper cool down, others do not (our engines are heat soak night mares). A perfect example is my car, it always and I mean always dyno'd low, but what it did at the track told another story.

You once posted that you will only get on the car once its SC'd, at the most, once a month. Can't remember exactly, but I remember it being something unrealistic. Everyone with these cars on these sites get on them, NA or boosted, it can't be resisted, and its usually on a daily basis. What is your real goal with your car? Street racing, ET (drag strip), Autox or dyno? If its dyno, I can hook you up with a dyno sheet that you can show your friends once you are boosted.

I keep telling myself that a lot of your threads are just you learning, or internally sorting it out in your own head. But I can't resist posting in them because I can see some more noobs come along, and think that this HP add-em-game **** really works, and it doesn't.

What SC did you and your parents finally decide on again?

Old 10-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Yeah.I really only start this thread to find help for me, sorry about the hp thing again, I'll edit the post and lower those #'s so no one gets confused. Chrisc said the Zabateck throttle body dyno's 8rwhp non-tuned on f/i cars so I guessed 10rwhp with a tune. I used the search and couldn't find info on the wiring upgrade for the fuel pump, so I was asking about that. I know the fuel pump psi maxing out was a controversial thing so I wanted to post about that to see what everyone knows now about it. And the supercharger I decided to get is the Vortech h/o(intercooled model) with a 12psi pulley and some more goodies(tb, etc) to add on. Thanks for the help!
Old 10-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Forgot to answer that other thing. I really don't care what I dyno as long as it's over 305rwhp on a mustang dyno and over 330rwhp on a dyno jet. I think I can get there with a few more mods and the forced induction. I also might go to the track a couple times over the summer if the weathers nice to see how it runs. Not sure about getting DR's because who knows what my money situation will be then. Either way it's mostly for me to just say I have over 300rwhp and show off the powera little every now and then. And it's so I finally get some street cred, now I won't be called just your average six cylinder mustang anymore.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:45 PM
BlkSunshine77
2nd Gear Member

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]lol
Old 10-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlkSunshine77

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]lol
Hey! I decided on what to get and their getting to me for x-mas and I have to pay them back part of it($2k of the $4k their spending). Let's make that clear.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Hey! I decided on what to get and their getting to me for x-mas and I have to pay them back part of it($2k of the $4k their spending). Let's make that clear.
Are you planning on doing the work yourself or take it to a shop for the install? If you are going to get this setup installed you are looking at a nice price by itself. All this for $4000? Dont forget youwill need a overdraft eradicator for all this and those arent cheap anymore.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

Are you planning on doing the work yourself or take it to a shop for the install? If you are going to get this setup installed you are looking at a nice price by itself. All this for $4000? Dont forget youwill need a overdraft eradicator for all this and those arent cheap anymore.
A what? I read the site and they said everything I need comes with the kit except injectors and a tune which I will get. Install will be buy a shop, I guess $700-$1k for that and a dyno tune that will run $200-$400. That's all I know of.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:03 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

buckman << the tester Zabteck TB that was not completely done made 7rwhp with Ron with no tuning. The final version, which flows ~30cfm's more, made 9rwhp with Pedro with no tuning. Tuned for, I dont see why 10rwhp is not possible.

steel << I would not do the install yourself unless you get a hand from somebody who is good with cars

dont we wish the "HP add-em-game" works though?...I would have like 350+ to the ground....
Old 10-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

haha...yeah man your probably figuring right about the install prices. As for the overdraft eradicator, must have been a lil b4 your time, thats from the movie Back to The Future its something Doc Brown made up. I messed with a parts guy once I handed him a list of parts and in the list I wrote down overdraft eradicator. Well I came back to the shop to work and he called and said he had my order ready he found everything except that damn overdraft eradicator, he said I called everywhere and nobody had it....[sm=laughat.gif]
Old 10-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

haha...yeah man your probably figuring right about the install prices. As for the overdraft eradicator, must have been a lil b4 your time, thats from the movie Back to The Future its something Doc Brown made up. I messed with a parts guy once I handed him a list of parts and in the list I wrote down overdraft eradicator. Well I came back to the shop to work and he called and said he had my order ready he found everything except that damn overdraft eradicator, he said I called everywhere and nobody had it....[sm=laughat.gif]
LOL! Funny story.Yeah I knew it sounded like it came from a movie. I haven't see back to the future in a year or 2 though. And chrisc I won't be installingit myself so don't worry. I fixed the rw and hp guesses so no noobs will get confused. Sorry about that again.Thanks for the help again guys!

Quick Reply: Vortech info and help!