Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

"DTE FLI DATA ERR" message

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 PM
kn0x`
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
Do you have a iPod Intergration system? If you don't it would appear that you have a underlying problem. First I would retune the car to stock to see if it is indeed the tune causing the problem. If you do not have the problems re-occur with the OEM tune then you know it is the Bamma tune. Now if your fuel sensor still does not work there is a TSB for that. Before I installed my iPod Intergration I also had a fuel guage sweeping problem and Ford fixed that free of charge because of the TSB. They replaced the fuel sensor in the gas tank. If you do take the car to the Dealer, YES I WOULD FLASH IT BACK TO STOCK just in case they decide to flash the car. I always return my tune back to stock when taking it to the dealer. It will save you a lot of hassles in the end.
I do not have an iPod Integration system. What is a TSB? Should I just take it to the stealership (when I put it to stock) and ask them to run a test on my fuel sensor? Is there any charge?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

A TBS (Technical service bullitin). I would take it in to them and explain that your fuel gauge is not working. Here is a link to all the service bullitins on our website. Look for the erratic fuel guage TSB.

http://mustangcanada.com/forums/gene...formation.html

There should not be any charge if it is a TSB.

Cheers
Old 07-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

Default iSimple

Originally Posted by Sancho805
did you confirm your dip switch settings are correct?
I have dip switches 1 and 2 in the down position and 3 and 4 in the up position. What position are yours in.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:11 AM
sbunny345

My '05 Mustang has been in the dealers shop 7 times, they have even called an engineer down from Dearborn, and the problem keeps coming back...then, yesterday, I filled the gas tank and by the time I drove the 1 mile to home, I only had 1/2 tank of gas left...
Old 08-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

You could also try some Chevron Techron injector cleaner for a tank or two, Sender issues can sometimes be caused by sulphur content in the fuel combined with using low detergent fuels. The techron will often clean up the sender enough to get if functioning again.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Musfaad

I am going through the same fuel sensor error and check engine light thing with my 2006 GT convertible (44K) that I just got 3 weeks ago. Called Frod and they said $500 because they have to drop the tank. Yeah right. TSB 06-10-13 says 1.5 hrs to fix the DTE error. They lied. The sensors and sending unit are easily accessible under the back seat. I am going to try some Techron and Chevron gas on my next fill up and if that doesn't do it I'll do the sender and sensor replacement myself as soon as I get to 1/4 tank. I REALLY appreciate these forums, without you guys I'd be at the dealer's mercy.

Carl
2006 Legend Lime GT & 2006 Torch Red GT Convertible~