Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

"DTE FLI DATA ERR" message

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

its most likely the ipod harness causing the problem. it may not be truly compatible even though it seems to work fine at times. i had the same issue a while back with an older ipod adapter unit. after much research, i finally found a unit that does not throw off my ECU.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:43 AM
bdickens63

Default Ipod Harness

What unit do you have and where did you get it. I got my mine at Best Buy.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:30 PM
mrfish

Default ipod

Yes, please tell us what ipod interface does NOT cause these problems.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i got my iSimple at Best Buy also but heard that the first wave of iSimple units didnt work either. my unit that i have now is #ISFD73. i've had no issues with the ECU since i installed the adapter almost 7 months ago.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:55 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

Sancho is right, its probably the unit. I didn't get those error messages until I installed my iPod Adapter. Sancho, how do you like the whole iSimple interface? Is it similar to the others in that you can control everything through the head unit??
Old 07-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

Well...I have the new iSimple, #ISFD73 unit and on occasion it messes with my gauges. I installed this about 5 months ago and before buying it I phoned Peripheral and asked if they solved the problems and they said they were resolved. NOT! Now it does not happen very often but it happened again yesterday and it seems once I shut the car down and leave it overnight it seems to reset itself. I do not require disconnecting the battery. However I noticed on there site they had a new revision last night and I installed the firmware this morning (Rev .39G) or something like that. So the battery was disconnected this morning which should reset everything in the car and the iSimple has a new firmware revision in it. I will post if I have the problem reoccur.

cheers

Last edited by Kaisoboy; 07-20-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:23 AM
kn0x`
2nd Gear Member

I have the same problem...sometimes when I start my car, my gas reads E or totally full past the point of the Full mark. About 5-6 months ago, my battery died and I changed that out, ever since then, my tune sometimes works when I start my car and sometimes it doesn't work. Now the fuel sensor doesn't work???? What should I do? If I go to the stealership, should I retune to stock or tell them I have a tune?

Please help...
Old 07-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kn0x`
I have the same problem...sometimes when I start my car, my gas reads E or totally full past the point of the Full mark. About 5-6 months ago, my battery died and I changed that out, ever since then, my tune sometimes works when I start my car and sometimes it doesn't work. Now the fuel sensor doesn't work???? What should I do? If I go to the stealership, should I retune to stock or tell them I have a tune?

Please help...
Do you have a iPod Intergration system? If you don't it would appear that you have a underlying problem. First I would retune the car to stock to see if it is indeed the tune causing the problem. If you do not have the problems re-occur with the OEM tune then you know it is the Bamma tune. Now if your fuel sensor still does not work there is a TSB for that. Before I installed my iPod Intergration I also had a fuel guage sweeping problem and Ford fixed that free of charge because of the TSB. They replaced the fuel sensor in the gas tank. If you do take the car to the Dealer, YES I WOULD FLASH IT BACK TO STOCK just in case they decide to flash the car. I always return my tune back to stock when taking it to the dealer. It will save you a lot of hassles in the end.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
Well...I have the new iSimple, #ISFD73 unit and on occasion it messes with my gauges. I installed this about 5 months ago and before buying it I phoned Peripheral and asked if they solved the problems and they said they were resolved. NOT! Now it does not happen very often but it happened again yesterday and it seems once I shut the car down and leave it overnight it seems to reset itself. I do not require disconnecting the battery. However I noticed on there site they had a new revision last night and I installed the firmware this morning (Rev .39G) or something like that. So the battery was disconnected this morning which should reset everything in the car and the iSimple has a new firmware revision in it. I will post if I have the problem reoccur.

cheers
did you confirm your dip switch settings are correct?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hataap
Sancho is right, its probably the unit. I didn't get those error messages until I installed my iPod Adapter. Sancho, how do you like the whole iSimple interface? Is it similar to the others in that you can control everything through the head unit??
yes, i can control through the HU but i HIGHLY recommend taking some time and building playlists for what you listen to the most for faster searching. navigating by artist name or album name takes A LOT of patience to scroll through if you got a big library. other than that, its been great.

Quick Reply: "DTE FLI DATA ERR" message