Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I am going to hear a difference with just JBA headers on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:41 PM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I am going to hear a difference with just JBA headers on?

ORIGINAL: 06Mustang4.0

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

Does a bear **** in the woods?

Sorry for the language but it will most definately make a difference. Takes away from the high pitch raspy sound for a more deep sound. Dont expect V8 deep but headers are well worth it especially JBA.
LOL.. Come on..

You could have said.

Is a pigs ***** pork?
Does a pork sausage look like a pig *****, curl like a pig ***** and has chunks of pig *****?
Mmm. Part of a nutritious breakfast.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:11 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07lane40

so theyre dyno proven for atleast 8hp gains but you all saw nothing?
How am I going to feel 8hp? I already had my CAI and tune installed along with the FRPP single axle back. Those were a noticable performance change from stock. I just didn't "feel" any noticable difference after the dual/headers. After the install, it sounded better, not as harsh as the FRPP axleback. So if the axleback added hp versus the stocker, you'd have to subtract the gain it provided, because I already had those ponies, from the dual/headers, so it's probably only around 3hp more than what I had, if it did increase hp. In a perfect situation, you'd dyno after every mod, to see what it did. I don't have the time to do that. I wanted it ready to slap on forced induction if/when I get ready to do so. To be able to give an accurate picture, Ishould have dyno'd it stock, with the CAI/axleback, and then with the CAI/duals/headers.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:01 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

maybe you wouldnt feel it... idk. i felt a difference after my duals that were supposed to add that much. i know when you combine mods they dont add together for a total... i guess i was just hoping it was more noticeable...
Old 04-20-2008, 06:39 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07lane40

maybe you wouldnt feel it... idk. i felt a difference after my duals that were supposed to add that much. i know when you combine mods they dont add together for a total... i guess i was just hoping it was more noticeable...

Remember that HP is a theoretical measure of work done over a period of time, so it isn't something you feel so much as it is something you experience. Quoting HP gains make for an easy marketing headline that is virtually meaningless. Torque is applied force and that is what you can feel and is way more important than horsepower. The easiels example of what torque is all about is installing lower rear end gears. They don't add any engine power, don't ever claim to, yet they are the single eaiest way to totaly transform the acceleration charecteristics of your car. They do that by multiplying the existing engine torque you have to better move or accelerate your vehicle mass. That's what known as seat of the pants feel, and you get it from torque not HP.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

my acceleration is pretty darn quick now. and i only installed 3.73's. now i'm craving an alum. driveshaft. i understand how some like to get their car up to high speeds but i get my thrills out of acceleration. my upgraded 0-60 experience made me discover a new love for my car. [8D]
Old 04-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: XtremeRage

I have to disagree IMHO, my neighbor had got the JBA headers over a month ago and to be quite honest once I was done with the installation I was actually quite dissapointed with the time I spent, and he was dissapointed with all the money he spent. (I am apparently the "oh **** I dont know how to install this who should I talk to person" so I ended up doing the job) Although there is "some difference" it's barely noticeable, it was a little deeper at idle that was about it, so for $300+ considering whatever version you get, the little performance boost if your N/A, and all the cursing you will be doing, doesn't seem worth it to me, at least thats what my logics tell me. I surely wont be doing this for a while, it will have to be the last thing on my long list of mods and I would have to really want to burn some money. On a side note, it was top notch quality and if you like shiny things under your hood it sure does look more attractive then then the rusty stock ones.

*I just realized this was a bumped old post, but I guess I might as well leave my opinion up for anyone interested....*
I'm going to mostly agree here, and I have JBA's. The performance boost on an N/A car is small (Mine is F/I, the only reason I popped for headers) and the sound is a twinge better, but not enough to invest the bucks if you're justlooking for better sound (more economical to go with a quality pipes/mufflers setup for that).