Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Last Thread: What luxury car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Last Thread: What luxury car?

Well out your choices I would go with the Lincoln LS and I will explain why. First of you seam to be a young man more than likely still living at home and I’m sure working very hard and have to many options to spend your money on.

I’ve driven the LS and the new MKZ and I like them both. Just before I bought my Mustang I test drove a new 300m, Cadillac STS, and the Lincoln MKZ. I personally liked the MKZ the best and it had more options than the 300 and was priced less than the others. The Mercedes and the BMW that are in your price range have way too many miles and I don’t care about what people say about them not being broken in until 100k. I sold used cars while going through college and from my experience most of them are sold when things are going bad and the warranties are about to go out. Also you see a lot of BMW and Mercedes trade ins because young people buy them and are able to afford the payments but can’t afford the $100 oil change and if they breakdown then parts are outrageous.

In my opinion and I feel sure that is what you’re looking for since you posted the question; keep the mustang. First off, why would you sell a 2005 Mustang for an older car with more miles that may cause you more problems and more dollars in upkeep. It seems that if ride comfort is what you are truly looking for then change the springs in your mustang and save yourself a lot of money. Also think about insurance, a young person driving a BMW or Binz will surely have higher premiums due to the fact, as I have already covered the parts are outrageous and if you crush it then they are out some money and they will more than likely drop you.

I know some of your choices have status appeal and that may be what you want out of a car. I know when I was 16 I had a chance to buy a 5 year old BMW but my Dad talked me out of it. It turned out to be a good thing when the owner told me it blew a head gasket a year later. I personally get more heads turned and more comments out of my Mustang than any car I have ever driven.

Think long and hard about this decision and look at all the cost you will have before you make your purchase. Look at insurance rates, and maintenance, even if your parents plan on paying everything. Sooner or later you will move out of the nest and those expenses will all be yours.

Good luck.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:05 PM
elroyjetson_1978
2nd Gear Member

I went with the Lincoln just so you stay w/ a ford powertrain but with what you said I'd suggest if it's embarassment (hopefully not) from having a six modded take it back to stock. You can always sell your parts online or to friends w/ v6 mustangs. And if you want more luxury out of it just take the money from selling the performance parts and buy custom sound equipment and maybe some luxury seats. Bone Stock springs and shocks/struts don't ride that rough. And with the stock suspension back in place the 6'sride fine. I can assure you there are parts available for all those cars you listed but if you ever want to do anything to them the cost gets huge quick. And the lincoln and caddy may ride like they are on a pillows of air but they are all for the slightly older crowd. The Beamer and Benz are just too expensive to insure in my opinon. And My brother had a beamer but it needed a tune up really bad...$100 just for the oem plugs and wires, in KY. As for the idiots in the Ricers (PUUUUUKKKKKKKKKEEEE) ignore them. I get challenged by ricers all the time and I just tell them all if they really want to race we will go to the track and race from a dead dig so the better car and driver will definately win safely and legally. You have self control don't you.
JMO
Old 12-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Epimetheus

.........I personally liked the MKZ the best........It seems that if ride comfort is what you are truly looking for then change the springs in your mustang and save yourself a lot of money..............

+1......although i recommended the lac, i do also like the looks of the MKZ very much. i'm actually trying to convince my lady to look into the MKX's since she wants a small suv/crossover. very very sharp looking line.

i also agree with just keeping the stang and modding the suspension and handling. there are so many mods for our cars that it makes it worth keeping. good luck.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

The MKX would be nice but you have to get the THX audio system and the Vesta roof. The trans in both the MKZ and the MKX are outstanding.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

dont forget the fact that the engine is in Ward's Top Ten BEST. kudos to ford on that one.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 PM
besam
2nd Gear Member

id say the lincoln or caddy
Old 12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Nothing this clown has done is conventional...he mods the hell out of his car, asks the most off the wall questions and irretates everyone....let him go.
You do realize your giving upa perfect car so you can now ride in a used Luxury car right? Because of the ride? and you really think that a V6 Mustang is a sports car? What a pure goof. Go now, you give us all a bad name. ALL MUSTANG OWNERS! If you really wanna shock us all leave and never come back.
This sickens me, this donkey has his mom and dad bankrolling him and he has no sense at all, NONE! What a reason to get rid of a car.
Do you honestly think with the cars you listed you won't be reved at sitting at a light? Ricer isn't a brand its a mentality, one such as yours. GO NOW!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:03 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

2 More things, I can't believe I wasted my time and effort reading and typing this and I can't believe you actually bought a Mustang thinking you would get ride and comfort, now you buy a used ride with no warrenty.......what a Fuggin moron you are kid!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:06 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Nothing this clown has done is conventional...he mods the hell out of his car, asks the most off the wall questions and irretates everyone....let him go.
You do realize your giving upa perfect car so you can now ride in a used Luxury car right? Because of the ride? and you really think that a V6 Mustang is a sports car? What a pure goof. Go now, you give us all a bad name. ALL MUSTANG OWNERS! If you really wanna shock us all leave and never come back.
This sickens me, this donkey has his mom and dad bankrolling him and he has no sense at all, NONE! What a reason to get rid of a car.
Do you honestly think with the cars you listed you won't be reved at sitting at a light? Ricer isn't a brand its a mentality, one such as yours. GO NOW!
so I am not the only one with this opinion...good to know. Isn't this like the third last thread by you steelstang? [sm=lame.gif]
Old 12-12-2007, 04:14 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

wow....

that is all i have to say.

and if you're going with luxury, why not look into getting a lexus?

Quick Reply: Last Thread: What luxury car?