Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Question about reconnecting the battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Default Question about reconnecting the battery

Alright I have alittle bit if a dillema with my fuel sensor, the digital reader is all screwed up "0 MPG" while the dash one reads differently.

I just got new rims and tires on my car, so while I had the old ones on (it happend to be raining) I went to a huge abandoned parking lot with my friends and fooled around (circles, slides, etc) and ever since then my fuel sensor has been acting ridiculous.

Two part question - I also have an appointment with Ford to have my oil changed, and car inspected. I have the C&L Intake + XCal Tune on my car at the moment and I wanted to remove the intake and replace with stock, flash the car to stock, disconnect the battery and then reconnect the battery, does this efficiently clean the history?

Also I have the AvicZ1 Navigation system, will there be any damage to the system when I disconnect the battery and reconnect it? I'm not very familiar with all this.

Thanks and any help would be greatly apprecited,
-Josh
Old 01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
MN Moose
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Question about reconnecting the battery

Your fuel system should be fine, it probably just got confused when all the gas was sloshing around from your parking lot fun. Its happened to me before, disconnect and reconnect the battery and it should reset itself.

Once you flash back to stock tune, you dont have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. There is no history of what file was on your ecu, only which one is on there now. The only thing they can tell is the last time your ecu was reset. An ecu gets reset by either flashing it with a tune, or your battery dying. If they ask just tell them it was a dead battery. I highly doubt ford will plug your car into diagnostics anyways.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:01 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MN Moose

Your fuel system should be fine, it probably just got confused when all the gas was sloshing around from your parking lot fun. Its happened to me before, disconnect and reconnect the battery and it should reset itself.

Once you flash back to stock tune, you dont have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. There is no history of what file was on your ecu, only which one is on there now. The only thing they can tell is the last time your ecu was reset. An ecu gets reset by either flashing it with a tune, or your battery dying. If they ask just tell them it was a dead battery. I highly doubt ford will plug your car into diagnostics anyways.
I love that hood! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 01-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Thanks I appreciate it.

Anyt word on disconnecting the battery if it will harm any electronics in the car?

Side Note: Your stand looks beautiful!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:46 PM
MN Moose
1st Gear Member

no, it will most definitely will not hurt the electronics
Old 01-07-2008, 11:50 PM
MN Moose
1st Gear Member

by the way, thanks for the comments guys
Old 01-08-2008, 05:39 PM