Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Engine Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:14 PM
nickb2236
1st Gear Member

Default Engine Swap?

I've been thinking that I want to start building a big block to swap with the v6 in my 08. It's somthing that would take a few years since my "garage" is a shed and I have very little time. Does anybody have any idea what kind of engine I could put in the stang. I would more than likely get a old engine from my dads work. He has alot of v8's out of older trucks and stuff laying around.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Engine Swap?

ORIGINAL: nickb2236

I've been thinking that I want to start building a big block to swap with the v6 in my 08. It's somthing that would take a few years since my "garage" is a shed and I have very little time. Does anybody have any idea what kind of engine I could put in the stang. I would more than likely get a old engine from my dads work. He has alot of v8's out of older trucks and stuff laying around.
Dude forget the v8, if you're gonna swap the engine get a custom 460 crate engine!! That's what I plan on doin' in 5 years or so.

check this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsKvrfyULhU
Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

That engine sounds godlike. But why do that on the V6? Lighter?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Avalanch3

IDK, maybe set up for a sleeper? Man imagine pulling up to any other Mustang version out there, I think there may be some sh1tting of pants on the road! I just hope those engines are legal in California by the time I plan on replacing one. If not I'll move out of this stupid gay state!

Btw, what kind of gas mileage you think something like that would get? If it's under 15mpg, I may need to reconsider that...Unless I have another car to drive, and have that one just to have fun in.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:30 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Everytime I watch that video it makes me drool...
Old 03-12-2008, 11:46 PM
tdaddy
2nd Gear Member

It's cheaper. If your planing something like that you won't be using most of the oem parts so why pay more for the GT?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tdaddy

It's cheaper. If your planing something like that you won't be using most of the oem parts so why pay more for the GT?
The GT parts are better than the V6 parts, whether it be the brakes, rear support, drivetrain, etc. I mean if you have the money to do this, I'm sure they can afford a GT.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:41 AM
rock61992
1st Gear Member

The GT parts are better than the V6 parts, whether it be the brakes, rear support, drivetrain, etc. I mean if you have the money to do this, I'm sure they can afford a GT.
But then they would also have money to swap out all of that oem stuff and replace it with better aftermarket "brakes, rear support, drivetrain, etc." why pay more for oem stuff youre gonna get rid of anyway
Old 03-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rock61992

But then they would also have money to swap out all of that oem stuff and replace it with better aftermarket "brakes, rear support, drivetrain, etc." why pay more for oem stuff youre gonna get rid of anyway
While posting on that post before, I was thinking about that. I posted anyways hoping no one would catch on, haha.

But yeah, that is true.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 AM
nickb2236
1st Gear Member

My logic behind it is to have a bad a$$ car. The v6 was all that I could get for now. Ford would not approve me for the GT. I might end up changing my mind and putting a buit up engine in a older body(fastback). Just wanted to see what youguys thought. If swaping and engine in this body style with a big block is even possible.

Quick Reply: Engine Swap?