Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Engine Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Engine Swap?

Buckman had a blown engine though, he would of needed a rebuild or new engine put in for his car to work right. I can agree with you on the looks and stuff, but it is very costly to do that over an older bodied car engine swap. That's what I wanted to tell you. And no modding the V6 mustangisn't asfun as modding a GT.GT's showbigger gains and SOTP feel from any induction, engine, or exhaust mods compared to the V6. That is one of the reasons why I got a Mustang with aV8 now.And your cars not a V6 anymoreif you drop a crate V8 in it [&:].
You are missing the point.

I could have thrown a new 4.0 motor in it for $800, but I had ET goals for single digits and felt I took the 4.0 as far as it could go.
For me, the modding of an S197 vastly outweighed going with a Fox. Foxes are a dime a dozen at the track because they are cheap to buy, very light and big aftermarket. For me the allure was keeping this body style which in my opinion was well worth the cost.

As for modding a V6 vs V8, i will chalk your statement up to youth. I've seen you flip flop between so many different routes to go, then you say you are getting the Mach, butclaimedyourDadisn't letting you mod it?So, really, how in the world do you know what is more fun to mod?To me modding the V6 and running 11.02 was priceless and something that frankly will be moresatisfying to methan running 9's on the new motor.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I can understand that. I was just saying, if you really want a fast car cheap, a fox body frame/car is the way to go. And if you would like tokeep the body style and go the more expensive route, be my guest.These cars are your cars and not mine, so do what you want with them. Good Luck with the new engine, it'sgonna be a monster!

AndGT's are more fun to mod than 6's b/c the gains per induction/engine/exhaustrelated mods are more significant than on the 6. Just look at thegainsdifferences fromstuff like a cai/tune, headers, cat/axel-back, etc. Anddon't worry about memodding my car. I already convinced my dad thatmach 1's aren'tgoing to be sovaluable as the guy whosold me the car said. Especially if they're daily driven. To prove my point here, I have a steeda short throwshifterin my trunk waitingto beinstalled right now. Next step I'm doing a cat-back(loudmouths) and hi-flow K&N airfilter. That will probably be it for my mods at the moment, because Ireally need to getused to the new power before doing a lot to the car, especially on a 5 speed. With those mods I should bearound 290rwhp/310rwtorque andthe carwould begood for12'swith tires. So, I'll be fine there. Again, do what you want. For me, all I really care about is what's under the hood . Good Luck everyone on your engine swaps [sm=signs003.gif]
Old 03-14-2008, 07:59 AM
ScreamingYellow2005
2nd Gear Member

ooo the deception of the v6 look with the big engine under the hood i like lol
Old 03-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ScreamingYellow2005

ooo the deception of the v6 look with the big engine under the hood i like lol
LOL! I was talking about the depreciation of my mach 1 but whatever. Same general idea
Old 03-14-2008, 08:27 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

I can understand that. I was just saying, if you really want a fast car cheap, a fox body frame/car is the way to go. And if you would like tokeep the body style and go the more expensive route, be my guest.These cars are your cars and not mine, so do what you want with them. Good Luck with the new engine, it'sgonna be a monster!

AndGT's are more fun to mod than 6's b/c the gains per induction/engine/exhaustrelated mods are more significant than on the 6. Just look at thegainsdifferences fromstuff like a cai/tune, headers, cat/axel-back, etc. Anddon't worry about memodding my car. I already convinced my dad thatmach 1's aren'tgoing to be sovaluable as the guy whosold me the car said. Especially if they're daily driven. To prove my point here, I have a steeda short throwshifterin my trunk waitingto beinstalled right now. Next step I'm doing a cat-back(loudmouths) and hi-flow K&N airfilter. That will probably be it for my mods at the moment, because Ireally need to getused to the new power before doing a lot to the car, especially on a 5 speed. With those mods I should bearound 290rwhp/310rwtorque andthe carwould begood for12'swith tires. So, I'll be fine there. Again, do what you want. For me, all I really care about is what's under the hood . Good Luck everyone on your engine swaps [sm=signs003.gif]
So how come your not posting in that section of the forum, since you don't have a V6, V8, or even S197.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Because it's not put in yet. I don't post aboutparts when I get them. I post when they are in my car and I can give my input onhow they are. And I posted it here b/c buckman brought it up.