Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help hook up sub and amp! with pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:33 PM
urnamethere
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help hook up sub and amp! with pics

ORIGINAL: basketballord

don't know what to tell ya man, that is a bit confusing. The thing installed on the top of the trunk almost looks like a capacitor, but if it's running to the speakers, that's not what it is.

The wires that run from the sub to the amp should be bridged, as your amp is for two channels it looks like. This mean you are "bridging" the two channels into one since you have just one sub; in other words, you are combining the power output of the two channels on the amp into one channel. To do this, you install the positive wire from the sub to the positive OUPUT terminal of one channel (let's say left), and the negative wire from the sub to the negative OUTPUT terminal on the other channel (let's say right).

The little wire is undoubtedly the remote turn-on lead for the amp. This keeps it from sucking juice 24/7.

Generally power wires are the big red and black ones. Red = positive, black = negative. connect those to the positive and negative POWER terminals on your amp.

The wires with the RCA looking plugs are your input signal cables. They send the sound signals to the amp. One is Left channel INPUT and one is Right channel INPUT I would say, though I can't tell you which.

Hope that helps.
exactly what he said, the little box thats going to your speakers might be a crossover, do you have aftermarket rear speakers?
Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Help hook up sub and amp! with pics

WHOO HOO! i FINALLY GOT IT SET UP. 11:00. After some searches and help from basketball Lord I finally got it hooked up. It sounds pretty good even though I didnt turn it up because i didnt want to wake the neighbors. lol. Ill crank it up tomorrow and really try it out. Ill show the full pics of the set up tomorrow thanks for allt he help.