Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Is this possible?

ORIGINAL: Superman6TNine

i hate when people are ignorant about questions. the reason for this whole forum is for people who dont kno the answers to questions to get the answers they need. i never said i was an expert on the layout of the car. plain and simple....i dont kno! thats why i asked the damn question. a simple yes or no wouldve been fine

for those of u who took the question seriously thank u and ill consider it but those of u who want to make people sound like an idiot...just dont answer the question
Very Well Said!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Anything can be done man, just would take some fabricating and some money if you don't have the means to do it yourself. Taking the cats out is generally accepted around here as a way to make your exhaust sound worse. Maybe pick up some high-flow cats instead.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:55 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

anyone whos jacked the car up and rolled underneath knows that the exhaust goes from the headers to a y pipe then to the cat. from there a striaght pipe till the axel then the muffler.

i never said i was an expert on the layout of the car. plain and simple....i dont kno!
?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:56 PM
youngmustanger
1st Gear Member

i hate when people are ignorant about questions. the reason for this whole forum is for people who dont kno the answers to questions to get the answers they need. i never said i was an expert on the layout of the car. plain and simple....i dont kno! thats why i asked the damn question. a simple yes or no wouldve been fine

for those of u who took the question seriously thank u and ill consider it but those of u who want to make people sound like an idiot...just dont answer the question
WOW someone got their panties in a bunch lol. I agree that some people can be real a----Holes, but it's not really somthing to be getting mad about, life is to short for you to be mad a internet personalitys (other people that you have never met before) just ignore the trouble makers, and pay attention to the more mature pesons/posts. In other words take the good leave the bad. And to answer your questionIf you really want a custom mid muffler setup
buy yourself some magnaflow mufflersadd an X pipe, four inch tips and you will be pimpin with a great sound. Sorry I'm not sure if the mufflers have an actuale name, but they are made by Magnaflow and they lookidentical to the pypesmufflers.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Superman6TNine
1st Gear Member

yea sorry if i flipped out. i just had a bad day at work and i was thinking about my camaro when i said the whole layout of the car. so its mostly my fault for that. but yea. no cats would be a bad idea. i heard a good sounding car on youtube with highflow cats and i might go that direction. thanks
Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

If you flipped out about this thread, you are in for a treat in the future

Have you checked out the exhaust clips in the exhaust sticky? There are some really nice sounding exhausts. I would be reluctant to remove the cats due to inspections, but I guess it all depends on where you live.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:06 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

dont do a mid muffler. those were made for traditionalists and not for our cars. they will hit EVERYTHING. unless you do like a glasspack or something really skinny (or straight pipes) but a muffler will in no way shape or form fit under our cars.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
youngmustanger
1st Gear Member

These are what I have, the guy at the shop that installed them said they were mufflers. I have not had any problems with them yet!

[IMG]local://upfiles/25762/F13E3161768D47C48A6E8B14CC906CA4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25762/D29D47EE4AB14052ADD814252C463B82.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-09-2008, 07:19 PM
youngmustanger
1st Gear Member

yea sorry if i flipped out. i just had a bad day at work and i was thinking about my camaro when i said the whole layout of the car. so its mostly my fault for that. but yea. no cats would be a bad idea. i heard a good sounding car on youtube with highflow cats and i might go that direction. thanks
I understand Sometimes you just need an outlet it's cool.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:41 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: youngmustanger

These are what I have, the guy at the shop that installed them said they were mufflers. I have not had any problems with them yet!

[IMG]local://upfiles/25762/F13E3161768D47C48A6E8B14CC906CA4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25762/D29D47EE4AB14052ADD814252C463B82.jpg[/IMG]

look like glasspacks to me...that's the good thing about them...they're not much bigger around than the actual pipe (another reason they're louder than a regular muffler- very little dampening)so there should be no "hitting" of anything i'm still considering exhaust and have come to midmuffler or FRPP duals...still dunno