Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Freakin' door ding !@^&^$$%

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:31 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Freakin' door ding !@^&^$$%

ORIGINAL: raubt

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

sorry to hear that guys...i park far from people or next to other mustangs nice cars etc.....that sucks....i been lucky so far.....i keep waiting for my turn....LOL....i do what i can to prevent it.....

for some reason i get spit on occasionally.... usually when someone drives by and usually and suv driver....oh well...nothing a little quick detailer doesnt fix...
What? People spit on your car? Like in traffic, while you're driving? Man, you must have some amazing self control to just let that go. Unreal.
heh...yeah...not a lot mind you ..but it has happened....i wave at them...with one finger.....guess which one???
Old 04-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Happened to me at work of all places. Paintless dent removal / $80 took car of mine, maybe yours can be taken care of same way if it's not too bad.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:40 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

The only thing I can figure is there are folks who appreciates our cars and then those who are jealous.

I know when I park, I try to park in one of the last spots and over the line so if someone parks next to me, hopefully they will stay in their space. Or if I see some other nice stangs or vetts, I'll park next to them. The only thing is, I find myself rushing through the store to hurry-up and get out to make sure my car is OK.
I try not to take the Mustang to the store on windy days because of shopping carts rolling into cars. If I do, I check to see which way the wind is blowing and park it up-wind. There have been times that the lots were packed, so I whip out my car cover.

I know some people may think I am being a littleover obsessive, but I know how a car can look after 20+ years if you take car of it.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Wishbone
2nd Gear Member

Wal Mart parking lots are the very worse. Tight spaces and lots of kids usually equals dings. Kids just let those doors fly open and doesn't matter what happens.

Mine happened at a restaurant. I usually park far out and don't mind walking but there was an end space available and on the other side was handicapped. I think maybe somebody got me with their wheel chair. I will check into paintless dent removal today, still sucks!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Lyberator

Hey everyone I'm getting my 08 V6 soon and just wanted to introduce myself. I feel for you guys. This is the kinda crap i'm worried about though. I'm a senior in high school and I park right next to the door and I think there is a pretty good chance some *** will walk out and key the hell out of it. Any suggestions on how I can prevent it? Should I cover it?
Old 04-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

^^^ Nooo a cover will be much worse..

Ever watch Flight of the Conchords?
The band manager gives the New Zealand band members (2 of them) bright orange vests and big maps of NYC and tells them to stick to back allys so no one will notice them and they will be out of the way of dangerous people... lol

My point is that a cover, like a bright neon orange vest, will call attention to it..

You can try clay bar waxing it. Maybe if the person planning on keying it doesnt go deep enough the key wont go into the paint..

Other than that.. you got no real options..

Maybe your school has cameras? Or you could buy a camera and install it for while you are in school (I have seen them on the forum.. idk where though)

Good luck.

FM
Old 04-24-2008, 08:33 PM
ScreamingYellow2005
2nd Gear Member

ok for everyone that has a car ding watch this video cuz it works as long as it's not too deep of a ding.

1 way
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/501379...ith_airduster/

2nd way
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/963248...ith_a_lighter/

i have done this and got all my dings out hope this helps let me know if it helped you out

saves you money too!!

"this is a direct quote from one of my friends so i am not 100% sure it works but looks resonable"
Old 04-24-2008, 10:15 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

not sure if they are nationwide...try googling ding kings....i have used them....paid 300 bucks when i got the car and for 5 years they will fix the dings at 5 bucks a pop.....as long as its not a body line or super duper deep...... used them once...took him 10 minutes....came to me even....they do good work...the guy says he makes a ton.....im in l.a. go figure.....
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

I dinged my own door within the first few days of owning the car. Interestingly I took a piece of duct tape and pulled the dent out, now I can't even find where it was. I got a good dent repair guy also, he charged me like 60 bucks to take a dent out of the rear fender on my old vw bug.