Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Body side molding, is it only on rentals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Texcan
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Body side molding, is it only on rentals?

I just removed my wifes today and was easy. Just pulled one end and kept it going nice and easy till it was off. Some of the 3m tape was still on. I just sat there and balled ut up until it was all off. Took about ten minute for both doors. Then I took the goo gone and cleaned the dirt edge left behind. Looks alot better now, nice and clean.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:17 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

eliminate them! jmho

if your worried about dings. do what i do park as best as you can and as safe as you can even if it means a little longer of a walk....i take that time to admire my pony...heh.... 2 and half years i have had one ding and i had it fixed in less than 24 hrs...the fix took 20 mins.... another thing that helps (honestly and ask anyone who knows me) is to keep the car clean and i mean like it came from the car wash clean...i am notorious for this and i notice that when i do park far and someone goes next to me thier car is usaully nice sparkly clean...they know that i dont wanna hurt my car and subsequentlty wont ding thiers up....but when i say i keep my car clean...i really really do...it looks wet on a regular basis, you could brush your teeth in my hood....ask anyone who knows me....jmho.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:04 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

eliminate them! jmho

if your worried about dings. do what i do park as best as you can and as safe as you can even if it means a little longer of a walk....i take that time to admire my pony...heh.... 2 and half years i have had one ding and i had it fixed in less than 24 hrs...the fix took 20 mins.... another thing that helps (honestly and ask anyone who knows me) is to keep the car clean and i mean like it came from the car wash clean...i am notorious for this and i notice that when i do park far and someone goes next to me thier car is usaully nice sparkly clean...they know that i dont wanna hurt my car and subsequentlty wont ding thiers up....but when i say i keep my car clean...i really really do...it looks wet on a regular basis, you could brush your teeth in my hood....ask anyone who knows me....jmho.
Doesn't it tick you off when you park so far away only to come back to see some idiot park next to you? It happened to me yesterday. [:@]I had to pick up a few things from the store so I parked in the last space at the end of the lot only to walk back and find a truck pulling a lawn equipment trailer parked next to me. He was driving a 2007 F-350 so he did leave plenty of space between our cars. I just can't understand why he had to park "there." Maybe he felt safe parking next to me?

Back on topic....I do think the body side molding takes away from the design and flow of our cars.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:08 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

heh..yup....but one time i walked out and found a ferarri next to me..... heh.... i know he aint going to want nor give any dings.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
hunter306
1st Gear Member

Mine is Red, About 3 years old turned in july :'(

I am very tempted to remove the two dent-resistant strips, but I wonder if the paint will show major fading?? Anyone that waited to take them off notice a paint difference where the strip used to be??
Old 07-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

So has anybody ever seen a GT with factory body side molding?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 PM
PonyUp
1st Gear Member

it looks fine after I did mine. I got ambicious and also peeled off the MUSTANG sticker. It was a hot day, only needed a fingernail! Had everything off, car wahsed, and looking really good in less than an hour!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:22 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckshot Barry

So has anybody ever seen a GT with factory body side molding?
i dont believe that gts are usually purchased as fleet cars...though i would suspect there may be some....