Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

d-specs & panhard bar....

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:36 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default d-specs & panhard bar....

I will post pictures this weekend, but I just got my tokico d-specs & BMR adj. panhard bar installed last weekend. I was suprised at how much of a difference it actually made. I still don't even have a rear sway bar, so I can only imagine it will get better.

Few questions for anyone with d-specs though, has anyone had problems with the adjusters fitting on the shocks? I bought the remote adjusters (I would not recommend getting them) i found it easier to just use an allen wrench to adjust them, much easier to tweak them more accurately. However, one shock I can tell which is full Firm, and Full Soft, but the other shockyou can go to Full Firm, but Full Soft doesn't have a stop, it will just keep spinning until you can practically take out the adjuster. Anyone else seen this issue? I don't think it affects it at all, but just wanted to make sure.

The BMR panhard bar (super easy to install, took like 15 minutes) works great, it straightened up my axel from when I lowered my car, but would it be worth it to get the panhard brace as well?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:08 AM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: d-specs & panhard bar....

I believe Tokico warns the owner of that problem - there isn't supposed to be a stop for full soft. Basically if you go past 7 turns out you've reached the full soft position and are on your way towards backing the adjustment screw out of its holding.

For the bracing - what type of driving are you planning on doing? If anything you should put money towards a sway bar first - I think you'll get way more satisfaction out of that. BTW, Nancie at Helwig is still honorings that Group Buy deal for mustangforum.com members! I know because I just got mine two weeks ago
Old 08-01-2008, 11:33 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: d-specs & panhard bar....

ORIGINAL: danbevsv6rumbler

I believe Tokico warns the owner of that problem - there isn't supposed to be a stop for full soft. Basically if you go past 7 turns out you've reached the full soft position and are on your way towards backing the adjustment screw out of its holding.

For the bracing - what type of driving are you planning on doing? If anything you should put money towards a sway bar first - I think you'll get way more satisfaction out of that. BTW, Nancie at Helwig is still honorings that Group Buy deal for mustangforum.com members! I know because I just got mine two weeks ago
Right now I have it 3 turns out of full hard, I could go 4 turns but I like the firm ride as it sits now. That is good to know about that warning, that was the first i heard of it.

I am definitely getting new sway bars soon, I was thinking about going with BMR (i prefer it to all match). I don't do any extreme driving, or track visits, but I like standard road performance when needed. Thanks for the info