Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Manuel tranny guys

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:08 AM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Manuel tranny guys

yeah i drive bare foot so i noticed it right away. i dont think that it's a problem but im not positive
Old 08-11-2008, 11:57 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

I don't recall having the issue the OP has. Mine is an '07 with 20K on it.I'll check it out on my way home after work tonight.

However I do have the same issue what ReaperGT describes. I'm assuming it's normal but I don't know for sure.
ORIGINAL: ReaperGT

I dont have the pulsing but i can definitely hear the gears spinning kinda loud when im in neutral, is that normal? It goes away when i push the clutch in so im assuming its how its supposed to be. Sorry for the stupid question, its my first manual car.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Wishbone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CKurello

yeah i drive bare foot so i noticed it right away. i dont think that it's a problem but im not positive
Good to know I'm not crazy and don't have the only car doing it. Good looking Stang you have btw.

Maybe some of you other guys can turn the stereo of at a stoplight or something and pay attention to the clutch and see if you feel anything at all as far a feedback through the pedal. I'm pretty sure if I take it to the dealer for this they will tell me Im nuts.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:25 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wishbone

ORIGINAL: CKurello

Good to know I'm not crazy and don't have the only car doing it. Good looking Stang you have btw.

Maybe some of you other guys can turn the stereo of at a stoplight or something and pay attention to the clutch and see if you feel anything at all as far a feedback through the pedal. I'm pretty sure if I take it to the dealer for this they will tell me Im nuts.
Throw out Bearing and Pilot bearing both make noise on my. Clutch pushed in I get a noise and clutch let out I get a noise. Leads me to believe they are both ****.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

I also noticed it's louder when I'm in neutral and I'm not keeping my foot on the clutch...but usually my exhaust drones all that out
Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Glad to know im not the only one with the gear spinning noise. Hopefully we will figure it out
Old 08-13-2008, 11:44 PM
mustang08
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ReaperGT
Glad to know im not the only one with the gear spinning noise. Hopefully we will figure it out
i hear it too with the spining noise but my goes away when i drive it it only happens to me when i start it and let it idel in neutral. only thing that scares me is my old jeep before my stang did that a little bit and soon after the slave cylinder went. but mines a new car so i think its the gears
Old 08-14-2008, 06:04 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Take it to your dealer and ask, your on warranty.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:42 AM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ReaperGT
I dont have the pulsing but i can definitely hear the gears spinning kinda loud when im in neutral, is that normal? It goes away when i push the clutch in so im assuming its how its supposed to be. Sorry for the stupid question, its my first manual car.
Mine does the same thing...
Old 08-14-2008, 12:45 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

I've checked for the pulsing but I don't feel it at all.

Mine is just the gear spinning noise when I'm in nuetral and then it goes quiet when I push in the clutch. It's not real loud but certainly noticable.

Quick Reply: Manuel tranny guys