Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sixxer Love

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 07:53 PM
SThom27
1st Gear Member

i catch a lot of crap from people for having a sixxer too. i'm in the Army, so you've got a lot of type A personalities running around. one of the captains asked me today whether it was a v8 or a sixxer and i told him if he couldn't tell the difference, then he wasn't man enough to know! did some pushups for that one!

but for me, it was a combo of the options, lower insurance, lower cost, plus upgrading is waaayy cheaper too. i spend most days racing from stoplight to stoplight getting to and from work, and v8's don't move any faster when they're gridlocked!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:14 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

I wouldnt have minded a GT but, I just have a thing for Sixers I guess Those that have never been in these newer 6's are usually the ones that are talking the **** LOL I was amazed by how much more power my S197 had than my old *** V6 Camaro had. the looks had me sold although I must admit when they first came out in 05' I paid them no mind LOL but, when I drove her home the first night I fell in love. In the year I've had her I've pretty much accomplished what I wanted to with my car and am happy with the results
Old 08-23-2008, 01:09 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

they both have the same body line...and oh boy is it a sexy one...I pulled my stang in the garage today when my Dad went to work (the GT has to be in the garage and my mums new Tahoe rearly leaves the other side) and i was admiring the body styling..the chiseled fenders, the hood line, the roof contour, I love every aspect of my sixxer (Except the stock lag on the gas pedal but my CAI and Tune will get rid of that in January) and so what if its a six, its a Mustang and i couldnt be happier
Old 08-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Razorbackfan
2nd Gear Member

It's the one I wanted. It's a MUSTANG.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:46 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
I agree with the GT emblems, but how can ya not like the fog lights... they look awesome!
He's not the only one, I don't like the GT fog lights either. It makes the car look like it has four headlights. Now if Ford would have positioned them in the lower bumper like some of the older model Mustangs, it would look so much better.

I like my PP Grill better.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:44 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

So I could save up and get a 500.. that.. and where I lived when I was car shopping apparently had a high car theft rate. The insurance for a GT would have been ridiculous... even though I am 34 with a perfect record.

In all honestly though.. I don't street race.. and with my mods.. this thing already has the potential to get me in serious trouble. As long as I can kick out the rear end at will.. I am satisfied... and it's about as easy as it gets with this car.. even in an auto.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:34 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Default V6 owner......and happy to be one.

1. 8K less than the GT on average.
2. Cheaper Insurance.
3. Fuel economy.
4. It was the only manual transmission on the lot that day.
5. When I test drove it, I realized it could easily whip the hell out of my old 5.0 Mercury Capri.
6. Styling differences between GT and the V-6 were minor, and mod-able.(I didn't know this at the time)
7. I had never seen this color Mustang in person before, and I loved it. (W/V Blue is amazing when it is detailed well)
8. I just looked at the car (Her name is "SKY") and knew I had to have her........I fell in love.

Most of the reasons are practical ones, but when you weigh all the options, V-6 owners have cars that are affordable, reliable, stylish, and a piece of American automotive history.

If you can afford the GT, buy it! If you want the more affordable V-6 and with options to upgrade, the V-6 is a great option.

"Get what you want.....and love what you have."
Old 08-23-2008, 02:44 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

^Couldn't have said it any better myself.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:19 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

When they say I shoulda got a V8,
I always either refer to or ask them what THEY are driving.
Its the best bang for the buck. I only paid $17,087 for my 07 V6
and would do it again.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:05 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

I wanted a GT, but didn't want a car payment. So I traded my gas guzzling Expedition (11 city / 13 hwy) straight across for my Mustang. Got a good deal, the dealership had to write ME a check because my Expedition was worth more than the Pony, so I paid off our other truck with the difference! So the car is paid for, therefore I can afford mods here and there.

Quick Reply: Sixxer Love