Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Who wants my xcharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:44 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

Exclamation Who wants my xcharger

Well, I'm going to get a 5.4 engine. This means I am selling the X-CHARGER. I am most likely going to leave most of it still assembled since the gaskets will get messed up if I take it apart. It will include the entire unit, tuner, (it has the hi-po tune on 93 octane, only problem is, you would have to talk to Doug since it is vehicle specific) he makes the tunes for around $50 I believe. The supercharger has the 2.8" pulley upgrade. spark plugs are used, so I don't think anybody would want those. Of course the wire extensions are going to be omitted, but those are cheap to get. It will also come with the wet-x kit (retails for $450) and you'll also have to get a vehicle specific tune for that from Doug. Basically, the X-CHARGER with hi-po tune, tuner, 2.8" pulley, and wet-x kit is as good as you can get when it comes to the whole package (of course the inter-cooler isn't out yet) and all of it together sells for over $5000. I am going to sell it all for considerably less than $5000, but I want you to email me if interested so we can talk about shipping and other details if necessary. Email me at nuclearmuscle523@yahoo.com
Old 08-31-2008, 12:01 AM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

i am totally down to buy it, but around how much are you asking for it?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:39 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

IM kicking and screaming because my bank account says YOU CANT AFFORD IT lol...mad pissed!!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 01:37 AM
Bandit111
2nd Gear Member

Wow,good luck NM on your new endeavor.The X will be all but sold at a good price.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:29 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Best of luck to you on the 5.4L swap. I assume that you will be getting the 3-valve like Rygen did (cuz those 4-valve motors are expensive!). Will you be keeping the 5.4L naturally aspirated or forced induction? Back when I had my coupe, I thought about doing a 5.4L-3v N/A swap. Figured I could get low 12's outa that combo. Keep us posted, and good luck selling the X.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

didn't you recently screw up your engine by running the X without a tune? was there any damage done to the actual blower?
Old 08-31-2008, 01:51 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
IM kicking and screaming because my bank account says YOU CANT AFFORD IT lol...mad pissed!!!!
yeah +1
Old 08-31-2008, 03:17 PM
mb2
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lethaldosage423
im kicking and screaming because my bank account says you cant afford it lol...mad pissed!!!!
+2 .
Old 08-31-2008, 04:11 PM
AmericanMustang07
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
yea I hear you there....I would buy it but with my new dual exhaust it wiped out the 'car account'.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:05 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Default Used X charger?

Originally Posted by Sancho805
didn't you recently screw up your engine by running the X without a tune? was there any damage done to the actual blower?
Very disturbing, if this turns out to be true. I would do some good research people.....just a suggestion.

These are a few consecutive posts I found on the X-charger discussion thread from the OP....I didn't go too deep with my research, but this was enough turn me off of this buy.

Originally Posted by NuclearMuscle523
i just installed xcharger #80. i am loving life.
hey guys, i need help. i am drivng the car around, (without the tuner installed yet) and im probably hitting the gas every chance i get, just to hear that wicked sound. all of a sudden i start getting like a loud clicking or ratcheting sound from the engine that quickens as the engine speeds up. i let it continue and the car soon dies. i try to start it up and i have to baby the gas pedal to get it to start back up. its running now. but the clicking sound isnt going away. is the car detonating or something? again, hipo 2.8 pulley xcharger , havent installed the tune yet(still in the mail) somebody please help, i really dont want my baby to die. thanks
Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
Sounds like he already broke it. Hate to say it. I hope not.
what could i have broken? i hope i didnt break anything. if so, im willing to fix it by upgrading.

Last edited by musicheadt; 08-31-2008 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Who wants my xcharger