Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Friday night races

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:58 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

Default Friday night races

I travel alot for work and had my first race about 2 weeks ago just outside of dallas texas "currently reside there but on the road right now" and then had my second race experience last week in elpaso texas. I am thinking about going Friday night "currently in the phoenix area" and the Firebird raceway has open races tomorrow night "bit expensive i think for street car... 20.00 i believe to race" but should still be fun and will be able to tell if the car was slowed down after I had the new dual exhaust put on with H-Pipe. Have read that takes a bit off my speed, but have hopes it doesn't. I know my average times in both the 1/8 and the 1/4 now

and just for those asking

first time out, 1/8 track, average launch at .180-.230 worse launch was .6 and the best was .053 with best time of 9.81

i lost my slips for the 1/4 mile but i kept spinning a little at launch and was averaging around the .3 or so and my average times for the night was in the 16.8 range.

anyone else going to be do things like this tomorrow. and i must say it is good to learn that they have opened up those places so that kids/adults can Legally and with some safety have fun.

If your in the phoenix area drop a note that your going. I know they race at firebird tomorrow and in tucson tomorrow. then they race on saturday at speedworld here in phoenix.

oh and i raced i think 8 or 9 times last week and i won every "launch" i was told by the guys working there