Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Black out an '05 V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I would not put square exhaust on your car... that just seems very un-mustang... and I would also recommend not getting the angel eye headlights as well.

Search the forums for some other members blacked out stangs and work off that. Welcome to forums
Old 12-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Tumbler

I want to thank everybody for the responses so far.

Branomano06GT-The Roush rear bumper you suggested is exactly what I was thinking of. It says on their website that it only fits GT models....so does anyone know if that will fit a V6?

tire31539-Thanks for the recommendation of the hood. I actually think that that's the model that I will save up for. It's the exact look I was going for. You're car looks amazing btw

I appreciate everybody else's comments. All you guys have some really good looking cars. I'm gonna go with a shorty antenna and more than likely I will remove the rocker stripes. Got a few more questions:

Wheels: As far as wheels go, I was wanting to go with 18" that are mostly black. The only thing that worries me about going with black wheels is that sometimes it just looks like someone has lost their hubcaps. If anybody has a particular brand or style that they could recommend, that would be awesome. I'm partial to the full face style or the spoked ones where you can't see much of the brake caliper and all that.

Exhaust: pthurm_28 recommended the GT takeoffs? Does anyone have anymore suggestions? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something reliable that will fit a V6. Also, do you guys know where I could find square tips that would fit inside the roush rear bumper?

Lights: It sounds like the majority of you guys don't like the Angel Eye lights?? Are there some specific reasons why? Someone said something about them buring out very, very easily. I liked the look that the Angel Eye headlights give the mustang, but I don't want to spend my money on something that will constantly need to be replaced. Also, if I'm not going with the Angel Eye foglight...what should I go with? I'll have to get a grill that will house the foglights but I can only seem to find the Angel Eye brand.

I appreciate you guys being so helpful.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Tumbler

Oh yeah...wanted to metion about smoking things out. I still plan to smoke out the brake light, side running lights, and the turn signals. I'll leave the foglights and headlight normal. With the turn signals....I'm pretty sure I need to buy amber colored turn signal bulbs as well...is this right??
Thanks again
Old 12-09-2008, 03:21 PM
tire31539
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the kind words man, you'll love that hood if you wind up going with it.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:30 PM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by thuxel
To black out your lights.
Buy some VHT night shades and clear coat to spray the tail,side and front turn lights.
I can't find it locally but, you can google it.
It's about $20 a can.
I used tint on my front turns and it came out good.
You'll want to remove them to do a good job.

GUY you paid 20 bucks a pop for that! you got screwed!
i got mine for 7 bucks
but besides that just use that stuff works awesome, and you dont really need the clear coat imo it looks fine just the way it is if you lay it right and prep the surface correctly
Old 12-09-2008, 08:43 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

Originally Posted by Tumbler
I want to thank everybody for the responses so far.

Branomano06GT-The Roush rear bumper you suggested is exactly what I was thinking of. It says on their website that it only fits GT models....so does anyone know if that will fit a V6?

tire31539-Thanks for the recommendation of the hood. I actually think that that's the model that I will save up for. It's the exact look I was going for. You're car looks amazing btw

I appreciate everybody else's comments. All you guys have some really good looking cars. I'm gonna go with a shorty antenna and more than likely I will remove the rocker stripes. Got a few more questions:

Wheels: As far as wheels go, I was wanting to go with 18" that are mostly black. The only thing that worries me about going with black wheels is that sometimes it just looks like someone has lost their hubcaps. If anybody has a particular brand or style that they could recommend, that would be awesome. I'm partial to the full face style or the spoked ones where you can't see much of the brake caliper and all that.

Exhaust: pthurm_28 recommended the GT takeoffs? Does anyone have anymore suggestions? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something reliable that will fit a V6. Also, do you guys know where I could find square tips that would fit inside the roush rear bumper?

Lights: It sounds like the majority of you guys don't like the Angel Eye lights?? Are there some specific reasons why? Someone said something about them buring out very, very easily. I liked the look that the Angel Eye headlights give the mustang, but I don't want to spend my money on something that will constantly need to be replaced. Also, if I'm not going with the Angel Eye foglight...what should I go with? I'll have to get a grill that will house the foglights but I can only seem to find the Angel Eye brand.

I appreciate you guys being so helpful.
as far as the roush bumper is concerned it will fit ur car the only reason it says it wont fit a v6 is cuz v6s are stock with dual exhaust. in order to get the roush bumper u must also get the roush exhaust which will satisfy ur desire for dual exhaust and square tips. i believe u can get both of those at www.mrbodykit.com

wheels: do u want all black wheels or black wheels with a chrome lip? cuz if u want all black wheels im thinking these: and if u want the chrome lip then maybe some black bullits like mine...

lights: are u saying u can only find angel eye headlights or foglights or both??
Old 12-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Tumbler

wolfpup- Just wanted to say, nice car man. I want to go with all black wheels. Those in the picture are actually perfect. Any chance you know the name, brand, and price??

And as far as the dual exhaust goes....The Roush Exhaust Kit is only the mufflers....no piping to change my car to dual exhaust (as far as I can tell). Plus, 750.00 for the dual exhaust system was a bit much. I was finding some kits that actually converted a V6 to dual exhaust on american muscle for around 300 to 400 dollars. Figured it would be easier on my wallet to put that on and then just find some square tips. Can anybody suggest a dual exhaust system that will work with the Roush Bumper? And where can I get square tips that will fit the bumper??

And I've been able to find both as far as lights go. I was just wanting to get some more opinions on the Angel Eye lights (both headlights and foglights). I interested in those, because there are other mustangs in my town.....and I want to set mine apart from those at night....figured the lights would do the trick lol.

Also....got a question about the Roush Kit. I'm planning on only getting the front/rear bumpers. (Will my car look "off" if I don't buy the front chin spoiler or the side runners from the Roush kit). Also, would it be cheaper to buy the Roush parts already painted or order them unpainted and get them done in a shop?

Thanks again guys.