Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BBK 70mm Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:57 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by marshhymel
oh, also i put 30lb fuel injectors thats why i feel more power.
Bigger injectors won't give you more power. Your car isn't tuned to take advantage of those injectors, so you won't be making any more power from those. And as far as the TB spacer, they've been proven not to be worth any gains. I think you are experiencing a placebo effect, so to speak.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:33 AM
marshhymel

Originally Posted by basketballord
Bigger injectors won't give you more power. Your car isn't tuned to take advantage of those injectors, so you won't be making any more power from those. And as far as the TB spacer, they've been proven not to be worth any gains. I think you are experiencing a placebo effect, so to speak.
Thanks dude, I love lying. i have a diablo tuner... so I know i Feel just about 10-20 more hp/tq. You know everything huh? Eat ****
Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Thanks dude, I love lying. i have a diablo tuner... so I know i Feel just about 10-20 more hp/tq. You know everything huh? Eat ****
I don't know everything, far from it. I've just been on this forum for a while and learned from a lot of people who know a lot more about these cars than you and I. People who have pioneered the best times achieved on our 4.0 platform. And all of them will tell you a TB spacer does nothing for you.

I'm not trying to bust your stones, I just don't want people seeing something like this and thinking Oh so if I go spend 70 on a spacer and $XX on bigger injectors i will gain 10-20 hp/tq. They will be sorely disappointed. There is no need to get hostile.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:03 PM
elroyjetson_1978
2nd Gear Member

FYI the best proof of gains is at the drag strip and so you will know 1 instance. I have a powerraid tb spacer and ran a 9.84 as a best with it. Without it I ran 9.54 as a best.

As far as a throttle body goes it will give you better throttle response yes but without a custom tune the preloaded fuel map on any tuner will not take advantage of the extra air it can pull so to speak so you will not see any gains unless you are charged(F/I) in some way.

As far as your injectors go, The fuel map for a canned tune doesn't change when you tell the device you have bigger injectors it just helps the computer know that it doesn't have to run the injectors quite as hard. Injectors are another item you have to be custom tuned for or they are pointless. On a full bolt-on 4.0L mustang the stock injectors are big enough to cover the load. You won't need or be able to make much use of bigger injectors unless you are going with a turbo or supercharger pushing a decent amount of boost.

If you are using a can tune from your diablosport tuner then you can take everything else back to stock and you will still have just as much power because the increased hp & tq are all from the tune. If you are using a custom tune then you might be getting a little more hp than you would without those items but were talking 1-3hp at the most (none from the spacer I promise)
Old 02-05-2009, 07:04 PM
elroyjetson_1978
2nd Gear Member

just so you know I run a shade tree speed shop I just do all my upgrading on other peoples rides before I race them

Last edited by elroyjetson_1978; 02-05-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: bumped the wrong button...oops
Old 02-05-2009, 07:06 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

thank you elroy. I guess there is no need for me to "eat ****."
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
elroyjetson_1978
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by basketballord
thank you elroy. I guess there is no need for me to "eat ****."
not a prob
Old 02-05-2009, 07:54 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Dude...you can take that attitude to some other forum. No need for it around here.

You received solid advice and like those already posted...you are NOT getting 10 or even 5...or even 2 hp from bigger injectors. Couple that with your TB and a stock car will likly out dyno your car. Not what you may want to hear, but it is the truth.

The S197's have been out for enough time that countless folks have experimented with every conceavable go-fast part. Neither of yours are on the list as they yield no gain.

Look through the 1/4 times of the fast 4.0's and you will see a trend.

For $2k, you can your car below 14.5 (mine is a perfect example). Gears, tlok, a good and aggressive custom tune, a CAI and better flowing exhaust and you have a ride that will be very close to previous gen GT's and beat SN95s (stock).

After that...it gets expensive. You want to get into the 13's...you can spray. However, to really make the jump, you need to go FI.

So, read and evaluate what others here have experienced. Dont like it? Fine...but keep the attitude to yourself. If you cannot handle that...take a hike.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:16 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

bigger injectors will add ZERO power without more air, and in stock form the 4.0 cant even flow enough air to max out the stock injectors (not even close).

all they will do for you is decrease your gas mileage, and probably lose power (richer = less power)
Old 02-06-2009, 08:20 AM
marshhymel

Well, honestly it just a website, eating sh! T doesn't mean I'm mad LOL, all of u r wierd... I am happy with my purchases so please stop trying to
Make me regret it lol, just sit back and smoke a blunt. 4/20!

Quick Reply: BBK 70mm Throttle Body