Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Possible Mods for 2010 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Rivendell90

Default Possible Mods for 2010 Mustang

So I've been bouncing back and forth between what I wanted to do with my car. I have an automatic v6 2010 mustang, im in a rut because the 2011 will have 315 hp so why bother upgrading my 2010? But I've decided to go with some basic upgrades and keep this car for a bit. I was thinking of:
1) Ford Racing Dual Exhaust
2) Cold Air Intake + 93 Octane Tune
3) Gears
4) GT Grille With Driving Lamps
5) Racing Stripes (Painted)
6) New Headlights with LED's and New Foglights

I decided to keep the car because a 3.7L with 315 hp is nice but I like my 4.0L with a nice lil roar to it. Also if I do get it a turbo then I'll produce more HP than the ecoboost and have my old bigger engine. Sure it'll be expensive but hey, I was debating just buying a new mustang in 2011 which would have been more expensive.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:39 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

It isn't a bad choice, because keep in mind, the ecoboost engines don't have alot of room for improvements as far as power. (someone correct me if I am wrong)
Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Rivendell90

I was gunna either Supercharge or Turbo my stang and then get a good tune to correct the lost MPG bit. I want to be in the mid 300 HP range if I do decide to keep the car. I guess after getting dual exhaust I should get new headers too. I was also considering lowering springs but Im not sure how this would affect me in a daily drive, i.e speed bumps and steep sudden hill roads from flats. My car is auto which ive been fighting on and off about forever, keep auto or go stick. They both have plus' and minus' but I think im gunna stay Auto for now because wanting stick would mean I need to get a new stang and I dont want to have this car for 5 years and not mod it. Does any1 have any good suggestions for what I should get done thats cheap? If you post something plz also state why its good and estimated HP gains or if it doesnt add hp (such as lowering springs) possible 1/4 mile time reductions that result in it.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

I dont worry about Horsepower.

1. I dont race, or go to the track
2. I go strictly for looks. If looks count, I win 90% of races against other cars.
3. I won a car show last week with my v6 against about 30 supercharged gt's, vintage mustangs, etc..
4. Even if you have a 700 hp mustang with over 100k dollars invested, someone else has a faster one.
5. if you spend the most money in the world to have one of the fastest mustangs, folks will say you are a idiot for spending so much money.

It never ends. Just be happy with what you have. "Learn to want what you already have"
Old 10-09-2009, 09:02 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rivendell90
So I've been bouncing back and forth between what I wanted to do with my car. I have an automatic v6 2010 mustang, im in a rut because the 2011 will have 315 hp so why bother upgrading my 2010? But I've decided to go with some basic upgrades and keep this car for a bit. I was thinking of:
1) Ford Racing Dual Exhaust
2) Cold Air Intake + 93 Octane Tune
3) Gears
4) GT Grille With Driving Lamps
5) Racing Stripes (Painted)
6) New Headlights with LED's and New Foglights

I decided to keep the car because a 3.7L with 315 hp is nice but I like my 4.0L with a nice lil roar to it. Also if I do get it a turbo then I'll produce more HP than the ecoboost and have my old bigger engine. Sure it'll be expensive but hey, I was debating just buying a new mustang in 2011 which would have been more expensive.
GT Grille: If you can find a GT grille with Driving Lamps let me know. I have the Pony Package grille right now and the GT grille won't fit (at least the ones my Ford dealer have ordered).

Lights: I also have HIDs (headlights and fogs) and love them. I'm not sure if you go with LEDs you'll get the same amount of light output. I paid about 400 bucks total for both kits, and that includes installation costs.

Stripes: You will most likely get quoted anywhere from a thousand bucks to 2 thousand bucks for the painted stripes. If you go vinyl order them from www.graphic-express.com . That's where I got mine and they're top notch. I paid about 300 bucks for the stripes, then 300 to have them put on, so 600 total.

Dual Exhaust: I have been through a few sets of exhaust so far. I had the Dual Magnaflow Catback system and it sounded great, but not as "mean" as I was looking for. I ended up going with Boomtubes Dual system, and it sounds friggin' awesome. I will definitely keep the boomtubes.

CAI / Tuner: I went with the DeMolet Induction System with tuner. Like you've probably read on this forum, you want a CAI that requires a tune. I paid about 500 bucks for both and installed the custom 93 octane tune they sent me. It's night and day from stock. Money very well spent. Shifts much smoother and has much more power. I can't tell you specific HP gains, but if you check out their site you'll see their Dyno stats. As far as what my *** tells me, it's WAY better than stock, no joke.

Good luck with your Mods.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Rivendell90

Lights: I also have HIDs (headlights and fogs) and love them. I'm not sure if you go with LEDs you'll get the same amount of light output. I paid about 400 bucks total for both kits, and that includes installation costs.

We'll id get HID lights and then custom LED's as a visual upgrade, not for a real practical purpose.

Stripes: You will most likely get quoted anywhere from a thousand bucks to 2 thousand bucks for the painted stripes. If you go vinyl order them from www.graphic-express.com . That's where I got mine and they're top notch. I paid about 300 bucks for the stripes, then 300 to have them put on, so 600 total.

Do the vinyls make it harder to wax your car because they stick up? I dont want that to happen so thats why I was considering getting it painted. I was going to ask for it to be a gift for X-Mas so price isnt that big a deal.

Dual Exhaust: I have been through a few sets of exhaust so far. I had the Dual Magnaflow Catback system and it sounded great, but not as "mean" as I was looking for. I ended up going with Boomtubes Dual system, and it sounds friggin' awesome. I will definitely keep the boomtubes.

Do you have any sound clips of your car I can hear? Also did Boomtubes release a real true dual system or is it just an addition to what you already had done? How much do you think a dual exhaust system should cost, including manpower to do it. Since the older exhaust needs to be cut to set up the dual I can't do it myself.