Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: Which way would you go: X or GT?
X
62.96%
GT
37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Options: GT vs X-charger....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

I'm in the same boat as you, OP (Well, almost). I'm expecting $$$ from a settlement (car accident) and looked into trading my sixxer in for a GT or Supercharging my baby. After MUCH, MUCH thought, I finally decided to X-Charge her (When I get the dough). Like others have said, It's not everyday you see a supercharged v6 (Hell, supercharged ANYTHING). Good luck with your decision and be proud of whatever it is you choose to do
Old 11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
I have 2 friends with nice GT's, and everytime we go to a car show they walk passed thiers and look right at mine.

Doesn't matter if it is a 6er or not, it's a SUPERCHARGER!

But realistically, a HIPO X with a 2.8 pulley is going to give you all the power you want, when you want it, and still keep a nice drive out of the boost. Add a few supporting mods and you have a 12-13 sec strip car, and a lot of looks
I'm a big fan of the X, but its not a 12 second kit with just a few supporting mods. Once the IC is out for it, it will be. But the current hipo kit needs a LOT of supporting mods to push it into the 12's and only Ron has done it.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Why only the X-Charger? Why not a PH Turbo?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:18 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Turbo is not for everyone, but its obvious where my vote goes. PH turbo is a 12 second kit at the lowest boost setting.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stang-aholic
350HP sound pretty pleasing so far, any higher and i would definitely sell and get a GT. From a GT HP is almost limitless, but pricey and not meant for a DD nor is it practical.

But then again the X starts to sound unpractical because of its cost, i could just get a GT for the same price and a little less HP. But the V8 grumble and power potential is there.

This is the same place I've always gotten stuck at; which way left or right? GT or SUPERCHARGED V6? So i just wanted to see what other people's reasoning were when they decided what road to go down.
quite a dilemma, I solved this problem by keeping the sixer, and buying a GT. The difference in insurance is $1 a month. The gas mileage is similar. But you will take a beating trading in your six (same as trading in a GT, not saying the sixer has no value).

If I were in your shoes I'd defintely supercharge your current car. You own it, you know it inside and out. Buying a used car is always a risk since you don't know it's history. Your car will be much more 'you' with F/I rather than a stock GT which are a dime a dozen. Less weight on the nose helps a ton. Truthfully between our 2 cars, the six is way better to drive everyday. I drove the silver car yesterday, it is an amazing car to drive. Flickable is a good term for it.

The only thing you won't have is the V8 exhaust note, and the potential to go up over 350 hp sometime down the road. To me the plusses far outweigh the minuses but in the end it really has to come down to what you really want. Good luck, I know this probably didn't help much, but it's a different perspective from someone who has both cars, and why I do have both cars.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:11 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by Stang-aholic
good news!!! thanks!
oh i was looking at ur link to pics of your car and idk if you've done it on purpose, but ur tires are on backwards.
lol yea I took it in to get an oil change and asked them to rotate the tires, so they did exactly that. But what they didn't do was take them off the rim to rotate them.

So I had to take it back to discount tire and have them rotate it the correct way.

directional tires have to be pulled off and remounted to be rotated.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:12 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
I'm a big fan of the X, but its not a 12 second kit with just a few supporting mods. Once the IC is out for it, it will be. But the current hipo kit needs a LOT of supporting mods to push it into the 12's and only Ron has done it.
I thought you could hit high 12's with a water/meth kit?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
I thought you could hit high 12's with a water/meth kit?
Nope. Not with minimal supporting mods, look at navbtcrets long list of supporting mods to hit a 12.99.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:38 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

lol I guess I was just on crack when I posted that then.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

crack is "no bueno"... but it might help you break into the 12's... lol

Quick Reply: Options: GT vs X-charger....