Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAI ...What is Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:10 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Of course people on AM's website are going to be happy, they just dropped $300 bucks on something and now they have a placebo affect because there are no realistic gains from it.

There is a reason everyone here says go with the CAI/Tune combo.

There is a reason it costs $250 bucks more than just the CAI alone.

Keep in mind the people on AM's website happy with the CAI alone, are happy because they don't know what they are missing. Take someone who had a CAI/Tune and take away the tune and everyone one of them will be very pissed off.

It is THAT big of a difference.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
... Take someone who had a CAI/Tune and take away the tune and everyone one of them will be very pissed off.

It is THAT big of a difference.
All we need now is about 3,000 forum members to post a similiar response and we may get the OP's attention.

J/K 08 Pony Package. If there's one thing you'll get here besides lot's of useful info is some friendly and occasionally not so friendly ribbing. But regarding the CAI & tune, really; we cannot stress enough how much more the tune plays in power gains vs. just the CAI.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:21 AM
4LSlvr
1st Gear Member

ill chime in to make you feel better... before you spend more than what you said you want to. My brother, has a 08 v6 with a manual, and since he is in High School, he only gets minimum wage working at Publix 4 days a week. So he did what you are talking about doing, bought that CAI that doesnt require a tune for 299...

Guess what, it looked it pretty....

thats about it, after about a month, he came to me and borrowed the 624 for

http://www.bamachips.com/store/index...8761f2cd24446a

so before you ned up spending nearly a grand, do your self a favor and buy the right thing the first time.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:30 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

agreed
Old 11-23-2009, 05:51 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Guys...just wanted to hear from someone other than Nuke because it has become obvious that he doesn't know a damn thing....kidding....

you guys are passionate about your advice.....LOL
Old 11-23-2009, 05:55 PM
4LSlvr
1st Gear Member

Nuke is passionate, but he just wants to help. And actually try and save you money.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:09 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LSlvr
Nuke is passionate, but he just wants to help. And actually try and save you money.
That's cool...no problem....

With respect to Odysseys comments....could it be that those who spend even more $$$$ (on the combo) are more inclined to feel the placebo effect? Just playing devils advocate here. I don't really expect anyone that went with a stand alone is going to chime in and say they are really happy with the resultant gains. I wish someone would prove me wrong. Not trying to beat a dead horse....just open discussion on the subject.

If I get CAI/tune combo then later make another mod...like a new throttle body/spacer....do I need to pay to get a new tune or do I just plug the thing in and it does the rest?
Old 11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
4LSlvr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08 Pony Package
That's cool...no problem....

With respect to Odysseys comments....could it be that those who spend even more $$$$ (on the combo) are more inclined to feel the placebo effect? Just playing devils advocate here. I don't really expect anyone that went with a stand alone is going to chime in and say they are really happy with the resultant gains. I wish someone would prove me wrong. Not trying to beat a dead horse....just open discussion on the subject.

If I get CAI/tune combo then later make another mod...like a new throttle body/spacer....do I need to pay to get a new tune or do I just plug the thing in and it does the rest?
This is where you need to do your reading on the sites of the people who create the tunes. Some will charge you for updates, others will not. I know which do which, but ill let you dig up the research on the forums and on the net, this way you can make an informed decision with your money.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:45 PM
4LSlvr
1st Gear Member

BTW: Use the search function on the forum, its filled with great info!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:24 PM
stoneblue
2nd Gear Member

Like I said in my post. Look in the classifieds and ebay most of the guys here that went to the xcharger or turbo had the combos. I wish I got my c&l and xcal2 sooner. $500. can get alot if its used.

Quick Reply: CAI ...What is Tune?