Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

"All Out" Tune for my 2010 V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:33 AM
mikenavy
1st Gear Member

I got my tillman AO 93 tune before I had any of the other word done to my car. It was the first change. And let me say, from stock to this tune. The change was night and day.

Acceleration felt much faster and smoother. If I give it a little more throttle I am stuck to the seat all the way from 1st gear to 5th.

I'd really recommend giving them a shot, I dont know what else I can say about it besides that from stock to AO tune, it was a very noticeable, and likable difference.

My only gripe was it took 33 days to get my tune completed, and I had paid the extra 40$ for it to be expedited, they offered to refund the 40$ but I havent gotten it yet. Im sure if I call itll be sorted.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikenavy
My only gripe was it took 33 days to get my tune completed, and I had paid the extra 40$ for it to be expedited, they offered to refund the 40$ but I havent gotten it yet. Im sure if I call itll be sorted.
Wow, took 3 days to get mine.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:38 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

I also "expedited" mine but don't have it yet. He said his "help" would be in on Monday (yesterday) and they'd get it to me right away. I've sent him a few emails so we'll see if I get it today. I understand they're busy, so I'm not bashing or anything, but "expedited" should mean "expedited".
Old 12-15-2009, 09:20 AM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

guys guys guys...what you are all using is comonly referred to as "canned tunes." They are made to run on virtually any vehicle. Since different engines will run slightly different, some will be running closer to the "edge" than others. However, the easiest way to find out is to go to a dyno. Once hooked up, they can tell you what your A/F ratio is, your temps at different points in the engine...virtually hundreds of paramaters. Using this info you can determine how close you are running. Typically canned tunes don't push the limits as much as a dyno tune will because they don't know exactly how your engine will react to it.

Additionally, as already stated...the more reputable places virtually built their names off of the tunes the sell. If they couldn't back up the tune, or if it was damaging the engine they wouldn't sell much...and thanks to forums such as these, word would travel fast.

Personally...I prefer to use Jon Lund. He is the tuner for Evolution Performance and Lethal Performance, as well as a few other places. You can contact Lethal and have a canned tunes sent to you through email. The Evolution Performance 07 GT500 is the fastest GT500 (in original trim) in the world, and he tunes it....that's good enough for me. Also, Lethal has the new 2010 GT500 with the 4.0L engine....once again...his resume is enough to make me happy!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:45 PM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

CR at Tillman speed is out until Wed! and there is a post somewhere on the web that they are backed up and currently working on backorders and fine tuning tunes from people who had problems.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gipht1
CR at Tillman speed is out until Wed! and there is a post somewhere on the web that they are backed up and currently working on backorders and fine tuning tunes from people who had problems.
Yep. I got an email from him today. His tuner will back in on Wednesday so hopefully I'll have my tune by tomorrow night. It sucks waiting like this but I hear the tune is worth it.

And, distantsoldier, these aren't all just "canned" tunes either. Well, it depends on how you look at it. It's true that a Dyno tune would definitely be the best route, and around my area they go for about 350-400 bucks. The tune that I'm getting from Chris Tillman is based on a tune that was done on their Dyno for a car very identical to mine. They make a few adjustments based on a few different data points and there you have your tune. So, to pay 85 bucks for a tuned to be emailed is probably the most convenient for most people. I have a "canned" tune right now (93 performance tune), and it made my car COMPLETELY different. So, I wouldn't discourage anyone to get a tune from one of these reputable shops online. They've been doing it for a while, and if it was a scam they wouldn't still be doing it. So, you're right that a Dyno tune is BETTER, but the emails tunes are pretty good too, especially for the price.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:52 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by distantsoldier
Also, Lethal has the new 2010 GT500 with the 4.0L engine....

I hope you mean 4.0L blower.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:16 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Alright, I got the "All Out" 93 Performance tune loaded from tillmanspeed today..... and all I can say is Holy Crap (would rather have used a different word there)!!!!

I had a performance tune loaded already but it was from a different place, probably more of a canned performance tune. The old tune was ten times better than stock, and this tune is ten times better than the other tune I had.

Guys and gals, this is money well spent! I recently had 4.10 gears installed also and could feel a big difference with the new gears and my old tune. But now, man, it's amazing. I didn't know a car could shift so smoothly and effortlessly. Every gear, when it catches, seems to pull you forward.... every gear.

It's so damn fun to drive and I know I'll never go with another tune again. Going from this tune back to stock would be like ...... well...... driving a stock V6, but you get the idea
Old 12-18-2009, 09:33 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Clarify please: Is your ride A/T or manual?

You may have mentioned it before, but I forget...

And what was the 'canned' tune you had loaded prior to the Tillman? Was it from SCT?

Last edited by 7up; 12-18-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Added 2nd question...
Old 12-18-2009, 10:07 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTPony
Clarify please: Is your ride A/T or manual?

You may have mentioned it before, but I forget...

And what was the 'canned' tune you had loaded prior to the Tillman? Was it from SCT?
My car is an automatic, which is why I said that it shifts so smoothly now and kind of pulls me into each gear. With a stick, you guys have control over that already.

The tune I had before was one that was preloaded onto my tuner when I got it from demolet.com. I know that tillman uses a lot more factors when creating tunes for your specific vehicle, such as what kind of CAI you have, what your gear ratio is, etc.... They even use dyno results from vehicles that have setups as close to yours as possible and use those when creating the tunes for your vehicle. Basically, it seems that a lot more work went into this tune. Don't get me wrong, the tune from demolet was good, but this one ROCKS!

Quick Reply: "All Out" Tune for my 2010 V6