Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:44 AM
I3lackout
1st Gear Member

Default What to do

I just bought my 07 in December and I'm planning on doing some things once it warms up a bit but I'm not sure exactly what I want. I was thinking x-charger (not sure which one. Price isn't really a problem this year,) duel exhaust, maybe some big brakes. Any suggestions? I already got roush quarter louvers and a cervini concept hood, so I'm good with the cosmetics.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:43 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Well theres so much I think you probably need to prioritize your wants...off the line speed? highway pulling speed? handling & braking? Once you do that it should become a lot easier to narrow down your choices. Don't know much about your base car....adding a rear sway, swapping in a GT front sway, gears, a t-lok, wheels/tires....list just goes on and on.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:03 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Before I did anything to my car, I did a lot of research. After that I made a list of all the things I want to do to my car to "complete" it.

I kept that list as my working list, some things I added, some removed.

It doesn't really matter what you do first, as far as S/C, or appearance, etc. What does matter for example, if you do suspension, do it right the first time and have planned everything out for your entire car.

Such as, you wouldn't put 3.73 gears in your 7.5 rear end, if you have an 8.8 on your list. This helps to make sure you don't purchase wasteful mods.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:03 PM
I3lackout
1st Gear Member

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hold off on suspension. My first step I think is the SC. I know I want one of the X's but I'm not sure which one I should get. As far as rear ends go, I don't really know much about the gears and all that.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:08 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by I3lackout
I'm pretty sure I'm going to hold off on suspension. My first step I think is the SC. I know I want one of the X's but I'm not sure which one I should get. As far as rear ends go, I don't really know much about the gears and all that.
If you live in a state that doesn't have crazy emission testing go all out on the x-charger. You won't regret it.

As far as gears, just do some research in the forums, all the info you need is already here
Old 01-29-2010, 03:58 PM
I3lackout
1st Gear Member

So are we talkin the HI-PO or the HI-PO Plus? Has anyone had any problems on a stock engine with the Plus? I live in Ohio, so I'm pretty sure we don't have crazy emissions laws last I checked. I'll definitely look into more stuff on the forums, I've been skimming around about everyone's duel exhaust setups.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:22 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by I3lackout
So are we talkin the HI-PO or the HI-PO Plus? Has anyone had any problems on a stock engine with the Plus? I live in Ohio, so I'm pretty sure we don't have crazy emissions laws last I checked. I'll definitely look into more stuff on the forums, I've been skimming around about everyone's duel exhaust setups.
I have the HI-PO Plus with the 2.8" pulley and have had no issues.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:29 PM
I3lackout
1st Gear Member

You just sold me. Thanks man.