Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Adding power to my 2010 v6 w/o voiding warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 02:00 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
Yes what he says is true^ Also if purchase FRPP parts and have ford do the install, they wont void your warranty and they will actually cover the new parts also. However they dont make a CAI for the 2010 but they do make exhaust and tuners. I am actually may be looking to get rid of my FRPP tuner. If your interested email me abragg112@aol.com. You just have to pay Ford something like $40 to upload the tune and you will get a 3 year warranty on it. It is a mild tune but its also half the price of other tuners and keeps your warranty.
The performance packs do not void the warranty when installed by a FRP dealer. (There is fine print with limitations)
Non performance pack parts are considered aftermarket...

Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts. All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts.
The use of Ford Racing parts and components may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. When operating properly, Ford Racing parts and components have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. Except as set forth below, such damage is the sole responsibility of the consumer and is not covered by this Limited Warranty.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:31 PM
48prerunner
2nd Gear Member

Always could go with the fake duals saw a new one on the dealers lot when I was shopping for mine The put a gt bumper on it and then just screwed an exhaust tip onthe drivers side pretty much the lamest thing i've seen. The 2011 is going to have duals on the v6 maybe wait and see what parts will fit off that I know its not going to be a 4.0.though. As far as the ford warranty if they install the parts its only for like 30k and pretty sure it has to be installed within a certain amount of time from the time you take delivery.
Fromanother forum
First to have a warranty on the FRPP you need to have it installed by a Ford Racing Dealer, not just a Ford dealer. Also the warranty is only for 12/12,000 miles on the FRPP parts. You will not have a 3/36,000 factory warranty on them. Even though it is FRPP parts, Ford factory warranty conciders them third party

ford racing website link http://www.fordracingparts.com/warra...RRANTY_2010.pd

2) FR1 & FR3 Power Packs for the 2005 - 2010 Mustangs and Shelby GT500
The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.

* A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of new vehicle delivery
* A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty

3) Select FR SuperPacks for 2005 - 2010 Mustangs and 2007 - 2010 Shelby GT500
The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.

* A 1 year / 12,000 mile warranty is applicable when installed by an Authorized Dealer (Ford, Lincoln Mercury or Shelby Automotive) prior to the vehicle reaching either 36 months or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
* View Ford Racing Limited Warranty for details

Last edited by 48prerunner; 02-15-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:47 PM
crazyassracer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 48prerunner
...They put a gt bumper on it and then just screwed an exhaust tip onthe drivers side pretty much the lamest thing i've seen.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
That's even worse than hood pin decals, but only just slightly.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:27 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

You dont need and cant use a CAI with the ford tune.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:55 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crazyassracer
I'm still working on the Sherman anti-trust act of 1890.
Very funny....got a good chuckle from that remark.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The Ford tune sucks. You definately want to go with one of the premier tuners that tune for the V6. Stay away from the Diablo and SCT canned tunes, also.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:17 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Definitely get a tuner with tunes and a cai. Check out vmptuning.com. If you have a warranty problem you can put your car back to stock in minutes and then take it in to the dealer. Did it on my car for 2 years. Also check out FRPPs M5230V6 Mustang V6 dual exhaust kit and see if it fits 2010. Very good kit and it sounds great!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 PM
4LSlvr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by my first mustang
Definitely get a tuner with tunes and a cai. Check out vmptuning.com. If you have a warranty problem you can put your car back to stock in minutes and then take it in to the dealer. Did it on my car for 2 years. Also check out FRPPs M5230V6 Mustang V6 dual exhaust kit and see if it fits 2010. Very good kit and it sounds great!
FRPP actually has a 2010 kit for the V6, not sure if thats the one you listed or not, didnt check.

Also, fords tune is junk... and so is there "High Flow Air Intake" which come as a package for like $400.... Take it from someone who already dropped the 400 into it. Spend a little more a buy a real CAI and tune.

V6 Duals: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11112 sound great, i just had them install it on my V6 last week.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:39 PM
JackNutz

I too just went and bought a new 2010 V6 with the Pony package, about two weeks ago. Today I just went and installed a new muffler, Spin Tech, sounds great. The dealer let me hear 5 different mufflers on my stang before I made the decision on which one I wanted. According to the dealer the only reason to get a dual exhaust system was purely for looks. With the dual exhaust you were adding weight and not getting any extra hp out of it. I was only interested in the sound that I could get from the muffler. If you are more interested in the look then the dual exhaust would be the one, but not sure if it is adding anything extra to you other than the look.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

dropped my stang off at the Ford dealership today for an oil change and tire rotation. I asked if adding a CAI would void the warranty.....the service advisor wasn't sure but a mechanic that was standing there said it wouldn't void the warranty if a FRPP is installed then properly tuned (as opposed to a non-Ford aftermarket CAI). I am not sure how accurate that statement is.......just telling you guys what I was told today.

Quick Reply: Adding power to my 2010 v6 w/o voiding warranty