Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pony Package Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:40 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RichieCal
Me either, it's just a freakin emblem!..Sorry So Cali I better hold on to the tri-bars, in case I need to put them back on because the " car community " may try to take my car away for putting GT emblems on my car
You mean the "Car ****" don't you? NO CAR FOR YOU!!!!!

I love my 45th anniversary emblems, and NO you can't have them!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:41 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
Be proud of the car you have. Make it original and it will look better than any car out there, GT or not.....
I think this is the best advise given so far in this thread. However it's RichieCal's car and I'm not gonna hate on anyone for doing what they want to something they payed for. I would never badge my car a GT but whatever, to each his own.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:01 AM
Rollingstone
1st Gear Member

I have a 06 with the pony package..I want to remove the pony package tri-bar emblems from the fender. My question is if I want to install the factory GT emblem, will the pins on the GT emblem line up with the holes that are going to be left on the fender when I remove the pony emblem?If anyone has done this install please let me know
It's cool to change parts such as bumpers, wheels, sway bars, rear axles, etc from a GT to a V6, but why an emblem? You are just pretending you have something under your hood that you don't!

If I saw a V6 with a GT emblem I will laugh so hard
Old 03-28-2010, 07:20 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
Hey RichieCal..... The reason people get spun up on the side badging and rear badge is because those badges "identify" what model the car is..... If it says "GT" then that tells people that it's the GT, not the V6. I've found that GT owners have a certain "pride" in having a GT and don't like V6s posing as GTs. I don't necessarily agree with GT owners talking smack about V6s but some people are compensating, and that 4.6L engine is what makes them more of a man (that doesn't go for everyone, I know a few guys who are like that).

So, when adding other parts, like a GT grille, or GT bumpers, or even a GT500 fascia..... That is all fine and dandy as long as you don't "BADGE" your car as a GT or Cobra.... See what I mean? You could take everything that the cobra has, every part that's different and swap them out and make a complete clone.... But don't "BADGE" it as a Cobra. See what I'm getting at here?
What really burns me up is when a GT puts a Snake emblem on and everyone thinks it OK. WHY? It's mis-badged and is no different from a V6 putting a GT emblem on.
I just saw one last week on the main forum and he was not called on it. But boy, let a V6 pose as a GT and the sh*t hits the fan!
Now in saying all that, I would NEVER pose as something my car is not. I think our Tribar pony emblems look waaaay better than the GT ones.

And RichieCal, JimC's fog lights are not GT ones. He has the Pony Package like me that comes with special fog lights that are reminiscent of the late '60s Mustang. IMO, I think they look better than the big fogs on the GT, those makes the car look like it has 4 head lights.
As far as his stripes, I know the rocker ones came with the Pony Package. He could have ordered the center stripe from the factory.

Last edited by 07 Stang; 03-28-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:45 AM
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

07 Stang, I was not saying anything bad about JimC's car, it looks really nice...I know it's a FACTORY Pony Package he has, I have the same one. Matter of fact my car is Vista Blue like your's.I was commenting about GrayPony's car..Go back to first page of post's and read and you will see what I mean.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:41 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
What really burns me up is when a GT puts a Snake emblem on and everyone thinks it OK. WHY? It's mis-badged and is no different from a V6 putting a GT emblem on.
If it's not your car then why do you give a ****?
Old 03-28-2010, 01:12 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

I think she gets burned because what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If it is not OK for V6 people to rebadge their vehicle to something it is not (a V8 GT), then it should be equally not OK for GT people to make their cars into fake Super Snakes (or whatever badge they use). I think the whole thing that is annoying about this rebadging thing is that when you look at a car you want to see what is there instead of being confused. You see a car with a GT emblem or a Snake emblem and then you walk around and see a single exhaust you have to ask "WTF?" Then you start questioning everything about it. For example if you saw a 6 cyl Pontiac Firebird with the Trans Am bird on the hood you would think that guy (or gal) was an idiot wouldn't you? Same thing.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:37 PM
BigGameHunter589
2nd Gear Member

I dont personally care what anyone tapes on their car but i think the dilemma is about the whole 'poser' deal. posing your car as something it's not is bound to upset people with the real thing and can lower your 'street cred.' lol
Old 03-28-2010, 07:24 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

07 Stang, I was not saying anything bad about JimC's car, it looks really nice...I know it's a FACTORY Pony Package he has, I have the same one. Matter of fact my car is Vista Blue like your's.I was commenting about GrayPony's car..Go back to first page of post's and read and you will see what I mean.
Oh, OK my bad.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:58 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
You mean the "Car ****" don't you? NO CAR FOR YOU!!!!!

I love my 45th anniversary emblems, and NO you can't have them!
lol!!! I have the 45th badge too, funny thing is, thats the only thing done to a 45th, nothing else!!! I like the pony ones better, but the 45th is gonna stay cause thats what it is, just doesn't seem right to me to take it off.

OP, put what YOU want on your ride, just be prepared that some will see it in a manner much previously mentioned here. Also keep in mind people here are just trying to help you. I know someone who put porsche badges on a toyota, everyone is different.

Graypony, that friken engine bay is killin me!!! It looks great!!! Also dig the stripes with the 4.0 SC, perfect details, very nice...

Quick Reply: Pony Package Emblem