Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting a Dual Exhaaust Conversion Tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:26 PM
justin_burke05
2nd Gear Member

man that's a great deal. i was just ranting yesterday about a muffler shop where the guy tried to charge me 600 to dual out my sixer with used gt. parts. Then that doesn't even factor in the price of the new valence and labor associated with that!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

$300 sounds good for custom bent, I'm guessing it isn't stainless steel. When I was shopping around for duals, there was an exhaust shop that quoted me around 750. That was a magnaflow kit + install, it wasn't even an X or H pipe just a Y-Y, and they wouldn't even cut the bumper.

I found a complete borla kit with X pipe for around $650. I installed it myself and love it.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:19 PM
8180Designs
1st Gear Member

Just got home, and the exhaust sounds GREAT.

Wicked happy.

Now if I could only find/decide on a CAI that doesn't require a tune, and is fairly priced....

Anyone got any ideas?
Old 04-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 8180Designs
Just got home, and the exhaust sounds GREAT.

Wicked happy.

Now if I could only find/decide on a CAI that doesn't require a tune, and is fairly priced....

Anyone got any ideas?
Get one with a tune. Save up if you have to, I did. There isn't much of a gain from a CAI without a tune, a couple hp at best. There's a major difference if you get an intake with a good tune. I'd personally suggest the JLT tune combo from AM with a custom tune since they merged with Bama. $529 if I remember correctly, and worth every penny imo.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:14 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alec231236
Get one with a tune. Save up if you have to, I did. There isn't much of a gain from a CAI without a tune, a couple hp at best. There's a major difference if you get an intake with a good tune. I'd personally suggest the JLT tune combo from AM with a custom tune since they merged with Bama. $529 if I remember correctly, and worth every penny imo.
Ya, I agree^^ get one with a tune. I just installed mine 2 days ago (C&L)and am running just the canned 87 performance tune until I fill up next time and swap to the 91 and I already feel a noticeable throttle response improvement.

I can't wait to try the 91....But yeah I think the CAI alone will leave you a little disappointed for what they cost. The extra $300.00 is well worth it. Especially since your exhaust is only $400.00 installed. Thats freakin dirt cheap and honestly I dunno how they're doing it for so little... Most pre-fabbed kits cost more than that.

So take what you saved and put it towards the tune.

Either way I hope they do a good job for ya, that price makes me wonder. If they do, hell, congratz on a hell of a steal.

Last edited by MOOK3456; 04-16-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
Ya, I agree^^ get one with a tune. I just installed mine 2 days ago (C&L)and am running just the canned 87 performance tune until I fill up next time and swap to the 91 and I already feel a noticeable throttle response improvement.

I can't wait to try the 91....But yeah I think the CAI alone will leave you a little disappointed for what they cost. The extra $300.00 is well worth it. Especially since your exhaust is only $400.00 installed. Thats freakin dirt cheap and honestly I dunno how they're doing it for so little... Most kits cost more than that.

So take what you saved and put it towards the tune.

Either way I hope they do a good job for ya, that price makes me wonder. If they do, hell, congratz on a hell of a steal.
I ran a canned 93 tune for a while and finally decided to get a tune from AM once they merged with Bama... wow I'm impressed. Just saying, huge difference
Old 04-16-2010, 09:27 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alec231236
I ran a canned 93 tune for a while and finally decided to get a tune from AM once they merged with Bama... wow I'm impressed. Just saying, huge difference
Not to hijack this thread but I've been wondering, am I able to download a Bama or Brenspeed tune onto the Diablo tuner if I decide to try thiers or do I have to buy a different tuner? I'm under the impression I can just buy/dload it to mine but not sure.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

I bought my Airaid CAI way back when I had just bought my car. It doesnt require a tune. I recently got Bamatuned last year and it really woke it up. Thats always an option if you dont have a ton of cash to drop all at one time.

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
Not to hijack this thread but I've been wondering, am I able to download a Bama or Brenspeed tune onto the Diablo tuner if I decide to try thiers or do I have to buy a different tuner? I'm under the impression I can just buy/dload it to mine but not sure.
You can use the tuner you're running now, I'm not too familiar with Diablosport tuners so I'm not sure if the new tunes will replace the canned tunes.

Last edited by So_Cali; 04-16-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:01 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Are they going to TIG your SS exhaust or
just MIG it and have it fall apart down the road
when the joints corrode into nothing from using
the wrong process and filler rod for welding the
OEM stainless steel exhaust to the new exhaust
(stainless steel??)
True duals or Y piped?

That sounds way cheap and you get what you pay for so Beware....
Old 04-25-2010, 01:21 AM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

You absolutely want to get a CAI with a tune. Without a tune, you'll be hard pressed to notice much of anything. WITH a tune, that tune will really wake your pony up...and prevent your engine from throwing codes left and right

$400 is a steal for true dual exhaust conversion. I went with the FRPP true dual exhaust kit...got it for $575 from cjponyparts (on sale + free shipping) and the install was $200. Then I had to have some additional hangers welded onto the mid pipes to take care of some resonance/vibration and that set me back another $80. So $850 later.....you got a steal. Hope you enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Getting a Dual Exhaaust Conversion Tomorrow!