Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting a Dual Exhaaust Conversion Tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Bojangles619

WMS High velcity CAI all the way. i have it on mine and i wouldnt want it any other way. the one they sell for the v6 doesnt require a tune but will preform better with one. it takes some time to install because you have to move your radiator overflow tank. (i also flushed my radiator while doing it just for the hell of it.) it moves your intake right behind your grill allowing for much colder air to come from the grill and in between the hood and body. i got mine with the ram air box and it cost $405 then i got screw by UPS when they charged me for tariffs because it came from canada.... $430 out the door well worth it and you can notice a little more low end torque with out the tune IMO but im getting a true dual FRPP soon so ill have a tune with that. hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 AM
8180Designs
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bojangles619
WMS High velcity CAI all the way. i have it on mine and i wouldnt want it any other way. the one they sell for the v6 doesnt require a tune but will preform better with one. it takes some time to install because you have to move your radiator overflow tank. (i also flushed my radiator while doing it just for the hell of it.) it moves your intake right behind your grill allowing for much colder air to come from the grill and in between the hood and body. i got mine with the ram air box and it cost $405 then i got screw by UPS when they charged me for tariffs because it came from canada.... $430 out the door well worth it and you can notice a little more low end torque with out the tune IMO but im getting a true dual FRPP soon so ill have a tune with that. hope this helps.
That sounds interesting, do you have any pictures of it installed?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:41 AM
8180Designs
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
Are they going to TIG your SS exhaust or
just MIG it and have it fall apart down the road
when the joints corrode into nothing from using
the wrong process and filler rod for welding the
OEM stainless steel exhaust to the new exhaust
(stainless steel??)
True duals or Y piped?

That sounds way cheap and you get what you pay for so Beware....
It was a true dual conversion, no Y-pipe.

As for the welds, to be honest, I have no idea, but he did say that if theres any problems, or if I want to swap my H-pipe for an X-pipe, just to bring it back in, and he'd take care of it.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:10 AM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

Dynomax Midpipe Part# 55248 from Wundercarparts.com: $40.98
Dynomax X Pipe Part # 53420 from Wundercarparts.com: $100.59
Exhaust hangers Item #20021 from AmericanMuscle.com: $59.99
GT takeoffs from ebay bought here: $53.99
Bumper Cut out Template found here: FREE

Total Price: $255.55

Exhaust work from muffler shop @ $50/hr: $50.00

Total price: $305.55 is what i paid

BAM!!!

ill post pix soon. you can easily use the passenger side mid pipe as it is VERY thick and will line up with the x pipe perfectly.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Bojangles619

i dont have pics of mine but here are links to some pics from the website.

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/product1564.html (ram air box) - also a good picture of what it looks like installed

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/product3.html (v6 intake)

its pretty easy to install you just need to let the engine cool obviously and have the ability to drain your radiator.

if you have any questions just let me know.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 PM
8180Designs
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bojangles619
i dont have pics of mine but here are links to some pics from the website.

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/product1564.html (ram air box) - also a good picture of what it looks like installed

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/product3.html (v6 intake)

its pretty easy to install you just need to let the engine cool obviously and have the ability to drain your radiator.

if you have any questions just let me know.
DUDE, that thing is crazy.

It would work good with that Cervinis (?) hood with the two inlets in the front.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Leshrac

these r my 5 year old divorced dual 40 flows on the 03 sixxer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEn9JolixJQ
Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Bojangles619

ya also it would work better if you had a higher raise in the center of the hood. the way it installs has it naturally tilted down so that it works with the stock hood. i had to trim my hood blanket around the filter because it was resting on top of it and you could see the dirt that it was sucking up. WMS also sells a hood blanket that would work better then the stock but i dont know if i want to pay the taxes to ship it. lol
Old 04-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Leshrac

you know if there is an intake manifold for the 3.8L that would allow the wms intake to work?
wait it looks like the windstar intake will work...is this correct or anyone know?

Last edited by Leshrac; 04-28-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:55 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

I ordered a pair of GT500 take-offs from Ebay for 26 bucks, plus 24 shipping, so 50 total. I got them in the mail today and they look perfect. My point is..... You can get take-offs cheap!

Quick Reply: Getting a Dual Exhaaust Conversion Tomorrow!