Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

71 MPH in a 40 MPH Posted

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03gt04mach1
At least you weren't deported to Mexico. Just fun-in. Really, I'd pay the fine. Since you were WAY over the limit....remember, the officer did give you BREAK in the first place.
That's funny cause I'm half Mexican!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:03 PM
bojanglesowner07252
2nd Gear Member

i had recently got a ticket but was only 12 over and the D.A. reduced it to 9 over so it wouldnt show up on insurance but it also reduced the fine from 165 to 145. see if they can reduce it any and just pay it cause it may become cheaper and they should do something to help u out if its a first offense. They seem to only care that u pay them money and dont really care what u did. Thats how mine went down. and like others said, your lucky u aint in jail.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:07 PM
soon2bu
2nd Gear Member

I was going 65mph in a 25mph school zone. It was two weeks after getting my license, stupid mistake, but that isn't the point. It was 5 points so I had to go to court and try getting it reduced so my license wouldn't get suspended.

What I ended up with some paying $371, plus having one less point, which meant no suspended license, but still a hefty fine, and 4 point on insurance. Regardless of whether it was your first offense, I doubt will matter.

So take whatever you want from my previous experiences. I think going to court is a good idea to not get the fine lowered cause it won't happen, but to get the points lowered. Also, you can take the driving course(online), which will reduce your points and % of insurance cost.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Mustang1023
1st Gear Member

Ouch, two months after getting my license I got two tickets!
I was doing 70MPH in a 40 as well.
One ticket for careless driving and another for two many kids in the car.
Good thing that cop gave me a break.
In court they dropped the careless driving charge and I only had to pay for the one ticket.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Lulz, pony up. You play the game and you got caught. Next time use that money to buy a Valentine or drive smarter. Being late is better than never getting there at all.
im a huge fan of the valentine but it wouldnt have helped him in this case bc it was a laser
same thing happened to me in houston the other week when i was racing a 350z but since i lost the cop decided to pull over him instead (WHEW!)

but yea pay up bc i think in most states they could have charged u with reckless driving and taken u to jail
Old 06-11-2010, 06:51 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

no offense to anyone, but don't listen to these suckers. i've always taken my tickets to court and they always get dropped.

actually i take that back. it's always depending on circumstance, and if he technically COULD'VE charged you with criminal conduct then it might not be a great idea to escalate the situation. although, always take petty tickets to court. i once got pulled over in a police blitz, where they pulled over every car driving in the carpool lane with only a driver. i was on my way to school and had to take a right soon to get to the subway station, but i was still way ahead and had to drive quite a bit in the carpool lane. so i got pulled over, got ticketed for driving in the carpool lane, for not having the updated sticker on my rear plate, AND for my insurance slip being expired by a few days (it was my dad's car so he should be taking care of all that ****). in short, i went to court 8 months later and all 3 tickets got dropped.

Last edited by antipeterleague; 06-11-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:00 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

and seriously, so many of you are talking about getting tickets a week after getting your license...are you all 16 or something?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:22 AM
ryon

You could speak to the DA before you see the judge if you want to push your luck on getting it reduced
My first was a 66 in a 45 and I got a 21 over with no criminal speed just like you
Talked to the DA and he reduced it to a 10 over and I walked out paying a 99 dollar fine and nothing on my record.
Pay the fine and take it as a lesson.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Nathan0490
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ryon
You could speak to the DA before you see the judge if you want to push your luck on getting it reduced
My first was a 66 in a 45 and I got a 21 over with no criminal speed just like you
Talked to the DA and he reduced it to a 10 over and I walked out paying a 99 dollar fine and nothing on my record.
Pay the fine and take it as a lesson.
Did you just call the court and ask to speak to the DA or what?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I would go and at least ask if the ticket could be reduced. I had a similar violation a few years back, and they reduced the fine and dropped it to no points against my license.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: 71 MPH in a 40 MPH Posted