Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

71 MPH in a 40 MPH Posted

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 PM
jujaku

In texas, we don't have point system.
I don't really know reckless speed, but believe it is about 90mph.
Sounds cool?? not really.
it depends on city/county, but most of fine start at $180-190.
and $5~10 per mile you over.

But there are A LOT of lawers who want to take care of your ticket.
Just pay the fine to them, and they will make it dropped.
NO record.

I've done it 3~4 times already and always work.
You don't even have to look the phone book.
2~3 days after your ticket, you will see several of them in your mailbox.
Once, I paid to a lawyer, and he FORGOT to clear my ticket, and I recieved
notice said there were warrant issued against me.
I ran to his office and yelled at him, and next day, it was cleared.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Nathan0490
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti
I GUARENTEE it helped. Never underestimate the power those uniforms weild while being worn by a woman, although I'm sure the tears didnt hurt either. For better or worse, my Fire Dept plates on my DD as well as my mustang have never hurt either. I'd bet in the 16 years I've been on the job I've been pulled over at least once every year....and still dont have a ticket to show for any of them though I've never even once asked for any different treatment than anyone else who's ever been pulled over. Heck, my DD didnt have a front plate on it for probably 7-8 years (required in my state) even though the plate holder was there and empty and my mustang hasnt had the front one on it for almost 2 years now.

Andretti
My Veteran plates didn't help... I have a feeling they have in the past though.

Also, I have been attempting to look up the citation 3 times a day on the Court's online system where you can pay for a ticket because I want to get the official amount and find out if I can set up a payment plan online. To this date I get the following message when trying to look it up, "Complaint number is not found". What are the chances the officer lost or never submitted my ticket? Any idea how long it should take for it to show up in the system?

Last edited by Nathan0490; 06-16-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by alkemist
I've been doing that
Sometimes the wind with the windows down wants to blow up my skirt...
That is the whole idea you know...
Old 06-16-2010, 08:14 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Laser guns FTMFL!

My detector is supposed to detect laser, but it NEVER does since it's so pinpointed. The detector never sees it.

When that damn "cop" on a bike w/ his laser gun got me last year I never heard a peep out of my detector. POS got me going down a hill where your speed of course increases quite a bit due to gravity. What I would have done is coasted back down to normal speed like normal, but he just had to ****** be there at the wrong time. He could not have been 30 seconds down the road where I would have coasted back down to the limit already...nooooooo. :/

This thread reminds me how much I hate motorcycle cops and state troopers. Worthless fvcks. As far as I'm concerned they aren't REAL cops anyway. They wouldn't know wtf to do if a REAL criminal was to confront them. All they're good for is pulling people over for stupid **** and seeing how many donuts they can eat before 11am. Yet we have all kinds of bad people doing bad things all the time and these lazy worthless ****s would rather sit behind **** with their laser gun.

This also reminds me I never used my ticket as a target like I had planed.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:16 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I've been doing that
Sometimes the wind with the windows down wants to blow up my skirt...

I think there's some houses for sale down here in Texas.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfi8f...eature=related
Old 06-16-2010, 09:26 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Laser guns FTMFL!

My detector is supposed to detect laser, but it NEVER does since it's so pinpointed. The detector never sees it.

When that damn "cop" on a bike w/ his laser gun got me last year I never heard a peep out of my detector. POS got me going down a hill where your speed of course increases quite a bit due to gravity. What I would have done is coasted back down to normal speed like normal, but he just had to ****** be there at the wrong time. He could not have been 30 seconds down the road where I would have coasted back down to the limit already...nooooooo. :/

This thread reminds me how much I hate motorcycle cops and state troopers. Worthless fvcks. As far as I'm concerned they aren't REAL cops anyway. They wouldn't know wtf to do if a REAL criminal was to confront them. All they're good for is pulling people over for stupid **** and seeing how many donuts they can eat before 11am. Yet we have all kinds of bad people doing bad things all the time and these lazy worthless ****s would rather sit behind **** with their laser gun.

This also reminds me I never used my ticket as a target like I had planed.
A good friend of mine is Orlando PD and he hates Troopers for the reasons you mentioned, lol.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I could of relocated to Plano for work :P but I'm already taken
Old 06-17-2010, 10:39 PM
kostonpower
1st Gear Member

well every ticket i have gotten i just go to court tell the judge im guilty get it dropped to a parking ticket pay 90 bucks and im clear..Ive done that prolly 3 or 4 times now
Old 06-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Lulz, pony up. You play the game and you got caught. Being late is better than never getting there at all.
Well said!! How fast do you have to drive to gain anything real? As far as I'm concerned, in town speeding is piontless. With the lights and stop signs, you will never gain any time but will add to the risk of accident or injury.

The only time speeding will gain you any time is when you are on an open hwy without lights or are traveling a great distance.

I think mentally a person feels they are going to gain time because 50 in a 35 is faster, but the stop lights are still going to slow you down. Blow by somebody to beat them to the next light by 30 seconds. Sounds worth the $$ risk and possible injury.

Quick Reply: 71 MPH in a 40 MPH Posted