Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Upgrading to leather seats??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 PM
09blackmamba
1st Gear Member

Default Upgrading to leather seats??

So i have a black 2009 and it came stock with cloth seats and i was wondering if any of you guys knew where i could get a good deal on leather seats. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:07 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

You can go with new take off covers or custom.
I went custom with 2 tone TMI classics

Old 07-13-2010, 08:39 AM
stevb15

Check ebay. You can find take offs for cheap there.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I consider going from cloth to leather a downgrade but that's just my opinion. Leather (or to be correct, some unidentifieable material with leather TRIM as supplied from the factory) is simply too uncomfortable on long drives, especially when it's hot and humid. I've had numerous cars, some with cloth and some with leather, and I'll take cloth over leather any day.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I consider going from cloth to leather a downgrade but that's just my opinion. Leather (or to be correct, some unidentifieable material with leather TRIM as supplied from the factory) is simply too uncomfortable on long drives, especially when it's hot and humid. I've had numerous cars, some with cloth and some with leather, and I'll take cloth over leather any day.
I agree with you to a point. Coming from a vehicle with leather to my GT with cloth, I can say that it's a welcome change. I find the cloth to be very comfortable and I don't mind the look.

However, I sometimes miss the look and feel of leather.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:29 AM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

You might be able to find some seats from ebay or craigslist, those will probably be the easiest or maybe get in contact with a salvage yard and see if they have any 6ers or gt's on the lot that could be easiest way to get some. I kinda like my seats in my car, I had cloth seats in my last car, I was fine with those as well, but something about the leather (ok fake leather), that makes me like it more.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Ditto about the leather trim, which is mostly vinyl.

Couldn't be happier with my dark charcoal cloth.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:43 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I have 5 Fords, two of them are cloth and I absolutely hate it. I do have the leather (pleather) seats in my Mustang, but the real leather seats are in my Conversion Van. I guarantee you if you have ever sat in real leather there is no comparison with cloth. Soooo comfortable on long trips.
Cloth seats are a PITA trying to keep clean. Even simple sweat, stains the seats! So I'll take my leather/pleather seats over cloth seats any day!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 AM
sleigh10356

Default leather seats

i have black leather, and those can be very hot in the summer, but i prefer leather to cloth, on another note, i wanted to change my black seats by putting red down the middle. i did get one quote . which was crazy, around 2500.00 still would like to if the price was right.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Cloth seats are a PITA trying to keep clean. Even simple sweat, stains the seats!
I've spilled drops of water on the seat and it leaves a stain.

OP: Check these out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-F...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply: Upgrading to leather seats??