Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rear Ended...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:07 AM
horribell

Originally Posted by Tamorand
Had a fender bump with a girl last year and after week or so, I noticed some strange sounds from my exhaust - but having a V6 it wasn't loud enough to be noticable right off.

ended up being the midpipe on my exhaust had been bent up just enough that over the weeks the bumps from the road made it worse and worse until I ended up have to get it repaired.
THAT sucks. I'm guessing you had to foot this bill too?

I'm still waiting for my check to come in the mail before I make the appointment for the repairs. I'm hoping having a little bit of time, any other possible issues will surface.
This morning after I accelerated from a stop at a stop sign, my can made a small buck before engaging. I think that's a first so I definitely plan on mentioning it to the body shop and ask them if they will take a look at the trans.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:16 AM
horribell

err.. my *car* that is, not my can....
Old 10-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Was rear-ended in April. Stopped... making a LH turn into the lot at work and I hear the screeching of brakes and BANG.

$1100 in damage to the car.

About three weeks after that, I get an horrible knot in my left shoulder / neck area.... it is utterly recalcitrant... .I use many modalities to mitigate the pain to little or no avail.

Finally... break down and go to the chiropractor... yep... accident majorly exacerbated the conditions in my neck and back. I've been getting adjusted twice a week now for about two months and it's finally starting to help.

Do pay close attention to how you feel... take nothing for granted and get anything checked out.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 AM
horribell

Originally Posted by Boneman
Was rear-ended in April. Stopped... making a LH turn into the lot at work and I hear the screeching of brakes and BANG.

$1100 in damage to the car.

About three weeks after that, I get an horrible knot in my left shoulder / neck area.... it is utterly recalcitrant... .I use many modalities to mitigate the pain to little or no avail.

Finally... break down and go to the chiropractor... yep... accident majorly exacerbated the conditions in my neck and back. I've been getting adjusted twice a week now for about two months and it's finally starting to help.

Do pay close attention to how you feel... take nothing for granted and get anything checked out.
sorry to hear that. i think i was lucky in that respect, i'm feelin pretty good.

car's going into the shop tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:37 AM
Tamorand
1st Gear Member

Yep I had to foot the bill on that one.
I'm curious what that stall was you mentioned.

I am noticing a whine in my rearend when I hit a certain RPM - Ive installed a TLOK and 4.10 gears and after the bump now I hear it.
I can't decide if the whine was there in the past and I just didn't notice it or not...lol.

Keep us informed on the status of your repair I'm curious how it all pans out.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:52 PM
horribell

Got my car back today and man does it feel good. A Corolla just doesn't cut it haha.
Sad to say, the claims adjuster didn't approve the bumper replacement per the body shop's request. Still, they did a heck of a job. Looks brand new. Hopefully no other problems arise from this little incident and for christ's sake, can this PLEASE be the last time my car gets hit?? Ugh.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Congrats... meanwhile... get yourself a pair of deeply polarized sunglasses... from an outdoor outfitter... like the kind fishermen use. Then from about 50 feet away, carefully examine the car.... just to make sure there's no hidden "bullseyes" embedded in the clearcoat somewhere.

;-)