Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Member: Madstang40

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:39 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Default New Member: Madstang40

Hey everybody, I just decided to join this site because I figured that I could actually do something productive with my little off time from school and work and learn some more about mustangs in general!

I've been buying parts for her ever since I got her back in highschool (20 and in college now) and have no plans in stopping until I sell her off.

I have one question though (and yes I've searched the forums, I just have a specific question I want clarification from):

I'm looking to get some JBA natural shorty headers as my next upgrade. I know the hp gains are found in the mid range and not exactly breathtaking, but I wanted to know about low end torque? All I want to focus on for now is that 0-60 time and torque boosts are where it's at. Also, I refuse to take out my backseat because I bought a 4-seater and I want to keep it that way, and I won't take out the spare tire because with my luck I'll get a flat and be stranded haha. So my only options here are bolt-ons.

Also, would a performance dyno tune once I get these installed be worth my time? I have a tune now, but I feel like this new mod could greatly benefit from a tune and having a professional focus on my individual vehicle would only do it good.

Any advice would be great! Thanks for the help and I look forward to the talks in the future!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:05 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Welcome