Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HEMI 1500 VS 4.0 stang 1/4 mile.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:25 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

yea 12 bucks is freaking nothing. thats a great price
Old 12-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blue07V6
Got a second to think about it. An arrest would make us lose our jobs, If he is willing to line up ill pay for the tickets to use the Diboll track, $12 a piece is a small price to pay.
That's good Blue07. A sure sign of what it is to be a man is the realization that actions have consequences "before" you take the action.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:59 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

The way I think about it, street racing is 10X more dangerous and 5X more fun. Just depends on your feelings about it I guess. Around where I live, there are many many many open back roads where no one lives, big, wide open, no police, nothing dangerous. There are also no tracks within like a 1.5 hour drive. So. Yeah. Not saying I street race, but lots of people I know do.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:14 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I've raced one from a dig before and won by about half a car.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:32 AM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

at stop lights, i race to the speed limit all the time. there is no law about how fast one reaches the speed limit, just dont break it. And for what its worth... I was driving down the highway, when a red dodge hemi truck was beside me and gunned his truck trying to get me to race... funny as hell, as all the cardboard boxes blew out of the rear of his truck all over the highway, he had to pull over and collect his belongings. I laughed at him as a passed him.

Last edited by jdphillips73; 12-19-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:51 AM
JimC

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
The way I think about it, street racing is 10X more dangerous

and 5X more fun. Just depends on your feelings about it I guess. Around where I live, there are many many many open back roads where no one lives, big, wide open, no police,

nothing dangerous.

There are also no tracks within like a 1.5 hour drive. So. Yeah. Not saying I street race, but lots of people I know do.
Let's think about what you just said -- it is 10X more dangerous than taking the car to the track but there is "nothing dangerous" about street racing?

Why does the track have all that safety gear and staff on duty to take care of a problem if one of the cars loses control? Back roads racing - and if someone pulls out with their tractor from one of the farm fields - or a deer runs out - or hell, just one of the guys loses control on the lonely back road and you both crash?

[sarcasm on]No I don't see any danger at all in this.[/sarcasm off]
Old 12-19-2010, 02:07 PM
shnorse

you won't beat him on the 0-60.. i tried to get infront of a dodge 1500 hemi as i had to form 1 lane.. he pulled away... not much, but he got infront of me.. I was stock full with 4 bigger sized people... not sure on him..

once you hit 3rd gear i think you'll be all set though
Old 12-19-2010, 02:16 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Let's think about what you just said -- it is 10X more dangerous than taking the car to the track but there is "nothing dangerous" about street racing?

Why does the track have all that safety gear and staff on duty to take care of a problem if one of the cars loses control? Back roads racing - and if someone pulls out with their tractor from one of the farm fields - or a deer runs out - or hell, just one of the guys loses control on the lonely back road and you both crash?

[sarcasm on]No I don't see any danger at all in this.[/sarcasm off]
You misunderstand, or else it was on purpose. By nothing dangerous I mean no "pedestrians" or anything like children jumping out or things like that. Of course it is dangerous, and a track is always safer, but a back road is less dangerous then a neighborhood or a main road with people walking alongside, etc. I don't do it either way, but I would rather someone did it a few miles out in the middle of nowhere then in a neighborhood where my little sister is playing or on a main street where my grandmother is driving. And I think most people would agree that they would rather people do it far away from them where pretty much only the people racing could get hurt then outside their house.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:38 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdphillips73
at stop lights, i race to the speed limit all the time. there is no law about how fast one reaches the speed limit, just dont break it. And for what its worth... I was driving down the highway, when a red dodge hemi truck was beside me and gunned his truck trying to get me to race... funny as hell, as all the cardboard boxes blew out of the rear of his truck all over the highway, he had to pull over and collect his belongings. I laughed at him as a passed him.
I could be wrong, but I think some cities have ordinances on "Jack-Rabbit Starts" which is when you drive like a Bat out of Hell when the light turns green.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Blue07V6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I could be wrong, but I think some cities have ordinances on "Jack-Rabbit Starts" which is when you drive like a Bat out of @#!*% when the light turns green.
My GF got pulled over and got a warning for that. In addition to that the warning was for exhaust volume too. Double whammy. Verdict: No fast starts, and keep the volume down.

Quick Reply: HEMI 1500 VS 4.0 stang 1/4 mile.