Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help on super chargers

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 757Mustang
Well i dunno if i want a turbo if my car will "blow up" cause like us all i get kinda crazy with my car. I still am leaning towards the stage two intercooled procharger. I cost $4800 with free shipping. Not bad of a price. I looked up some videos of prochargers and it sounds bad ***. They get roughly 330hp total or whatever. "50 to 80%" more gains. I still got a longgggggggg way to go to save to even get the cheapest and crappiest forced induction mod so i got time to research which i am still doing on my free time.
Be sure to research thoroughly, that would be an expensive mistake!
Old 06-05-2011, 12:36 PM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Oh most deffently, i have so much time on my hands a prob will make seperate folders with pics videos, and lots of info. Thank you all for everyones inputs.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:39 PM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

2005redfire6- i was looking at your signature and it said 347 hp which i think is crazy good but what are Saleen Heat Exchanger, Canton IC Reservoir, UPR Catch Can, 4" Shaftmasters, Koni STR.Ts? I have heard of them bu8t never really seen them or found what they are. jUst wondering?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:29 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

2005redfire6- i was looking at your signature and it said 347 hp which i think is crazy good but what are Saleen Heat Exchanger, Canton IC Reservoir, UPR Catch Can, 4" Shaftmasters, Koni STR.Ts? I have heard of them bu8t never really seen them or found what they are. jUst wondering?
The intercooled vortech kit( air to water setup) has a heat exchanger that cools the liquid that then cools your air charge. I have a heat exchanger off of a Saleen (bigger).

Canton intercooler reservoir is what holds the liquid that is circulated through the heat exchanger/intercooler to cool the air charge.

UPR is a brand oil catch can that catches tiny droplets of oil from your valve cover to your intake manifold to prevent blow-by.

4" Shaftmasters is an aluminum shaftmasters brand 4" in diameter drive shaft.

Koni STR.T's is a type of shock absorber / strut made by Koni.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:39 PM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Man when you got the vortech you went all out but i love it. How much was all that (vortech supercharger, saleen heat exchanger, and catch can)
Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 PM
FsuGoNoles63
2nd Gear Member

After reading about the Powerhouse turbo Im definetly interested in that. But it seems that they want to install the kit at their shop in Pennsylvania. Anyone have any info on this?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:54 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Man when you got the vortech you went all out but i love it. How much was all that (vortech supercharger, saleen heat exchanger, and catch can)
It will run you...

Vortech H.O. Kit - $4500
2.87 pulley (you will need it for 12psi)- $50-100? Not sure.
A good heat exchanger will run you- $300+ dollars
Catch can- $100
Also the IC Reservoir roughly $140

Just research
Old 06-07-2011, 06:05 PM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Not bad for all of it still under six grand. Will do
Old 06-07-2011, 09:34 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

...he had some great inspiration and guidance...

There's no single "best" overall choice. Some are easier to install, some generate more power, some are easier to maintain.
It depends what you really want to do with the car, and what (if anything) you can do yourself, whether it be installing stuff or simple maintenance.
The 4.0L is a stout engine, but yes, it can be pushed too far. Proper custom tuning is crucial to longevity and best power. As mentioned, don't let 'dyno numbers' be your deciding factor. With any of the options, the car will be a totally different beast; you'll spin tires through 2nd gear very easily, with any of them. That does no good if you end up in a ditch or into a pole.

Indeed do take your time, do lots of research, look locally where you can at what people have done, etc.

...just to toss it out...upgrading to a GT will get you more power as well, and for not that much of a cost difference...Although, it's way 'cooler', I think, having a blown V6 that'll spank many near-stock GTs.

Last edited by tx_zstang; 06-07-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
...he had some great inspiration and guidance...

There's no single "best" overall choice. Some are easier to install, some generate more power, some are easier to maintain.
It depends what you really want to do with the car, and what (if anything) you can do yourself, whether it be installing stuff or simple maintenance.
The 4.0L is a stout engine, but yes, it can be pushed too far. Proper custom tuning is crucial to longevity and best power. As mentioned, don't let 'dyno numbers' be your deciding factor. With any of the options, the car will be a totally different beast; you'll spin tires through 2nd gear very easily, with any of them. That does no good if you end up in a ditch or into a pole.

Indeed do take your time, do lots of research, look locally where you can at what people have done, etc.

...just to toss it out...upgrading to a GT will get you more power as well, and for not that much of a cost difference...Although, it's way 'cooler', I think, having a blown V6 that'll spank many near-stock GTs.

Oh def. ask alot of questions! I have received lots of help from people on this forum and the mustang collective as well. Some members more then others including Mike! Research is the biggest thing!

Quick Reply: Help on super chargers