Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A little help

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CoupeKiller
1. CAI
2. XCT3 handheld tuner
3. Exhaust
4. throttlebody and spacer
5.upgraded manifold (ford racing)

that's the list he said..he said that's what he did and got about another 75 HP out of it. granted he has a GT. question is, if they don't make the V6 one, can I get the GT one and upgrade the Throttle body to fit? the only difference I see is the space for the throttle body.
No no no no no no. WRONG. You friend doesn't seem to be the brightest crayon in the box

First, the TB and spacer will do nothing but shed weight from your wallet, and there's a possibility that the aftermarket TB will throw a code. Secondly there aren't any upgraded intake manifolds for the V6 that I'm aware of, and I've looked. Also, there's no way he's getting 75hp out of those mods.

You're not going to see much in terms of gains with exhaust on the V6 either, it's more for sound/looks.

List of mods should be-

1. CAI/GOOD CUSTOM tune
2. 373 or 410 gear

Then go from there, as most other mods will be nickle and dime hp short of F/I. Those 2 mods alone will make the car drive completely different

Last edited by Alec; 12-06-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:23 PM
CoupeKiller
1st Gear Member

thanks brother, I'm new to this whole Muscle car thing, I'm used to tuners and trucks so...yeah..there's that lol. But thanks I'll look into the gears, I have the CAI and tuner picked out.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

No problem that's what we're here for. Just make sure to search and ask before you go ahead with something
Old 12-12-2011, 12:39 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Exactly what Alec said, also add a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft to your list, it will make your car feel snappier and more solid also.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Speaking of driveshafts, I've read that they're the same between the V6 auto, GT manual and GT auto as long as you have the 8.8 rear. True?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by Alec
Speaking of driveshafts, I've read that they're the same between the V6 auto, GT manual and GT auto as long as you have the 8.8 rear. True?
I had an auto V6, bought the shaftmasters driveshaft and ran it on my 7.5, and when I bought my GT, all I had to do was order the Cobra pinion flange adapter and it bolted right up. (my GT was an auto). I am pretty sure it is only for the auto's since both the V6 and GT use the same auto transmission.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
I had an auto V6, bought the shaftmasters driveshaft and ran it on my 7.5, and when I bought my GT, all I had to do was order the Cobra pinion flange adapter and it bolted right up. (my GT was an auto). I am pretty sure it is only for the auto's since both the V6 and GT use the same auto transmission.
Hmm good to know. I've been debating whether I want to ditch the 4.0 or not and don't want to invest in something that wouldn't be compatible. Thanks!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I LOVED my 6er, I had it completely modded out (x-charger, suspension, etc.) But I had the chance and found my GT same color, year, interior, for a great price. And the growl of the v8 makes me smile

But almost everything except my x-charger I was able to move to my GT.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:39 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Question becoming.... what did you do with the Xcharger?
Old 12-12-2011, 01:42 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

And what he said, aftermarket TBs and TBspacers are just expensive paperweights