Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pricing on a base 2012 V6 w/USAA

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Joe Pooch
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 12KonaBlue
I did the same thing. I learned that the dealer awards a certain price based on invoice for USAA pricing. The pricing that USAA lists on the website wasn't exactly what the dealer priced it at, but I didn't have all the options included when I tried to price it out. I assumed the way it worked was that the price relative to invoice was the same, then they would just add the options to that price, but the dealership just takes off a certain amount of money. In the end, the price was higher than what USAA had quoted when I did it on the website, but it still ended up being cheaper than any other method I looked at. Maybe some dealers are different though, I'm not sure...
Exactly, even one option on your sheet that isn't what the dealer has will change that invoice price...

Go get the window sticker of the car you are looking at, from the dealer. Then build and price your car. That way you have all the package numbers and stuff and it will be exactly what the dealer has