Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Retrofit Heated and Autodim Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 08:36 PM
womquat

Default Retrofit Heated and Autodim Mirrors

Hi - I own a 2009 45th Anniversary convertible. I'm surprised at the things it doesn't have, like antilock brakes! Or a light in the glove compartment! Or an 8-track player! But I digress. I was wondering if anyone out there has ever retrofit or aftermarket-installed heated side mirrors and/or an autodimming rear view mirror. It's time to start thinking about birthday presents and I'm thinking these might be cool. Vendors/prices/difficulty please!

Oh, and completely off-topic but since I'm here: how do I replace a burnt out power door lock bulb? I can probably mess around with the switch area but with my luck I'll completely break it.

(BTW, I tried searching the forums for these issues but no joy.)

Thx!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Twstones
2nd Gear Member

I put in the auto-dim mirror that I got from here: http://store.blendmount.com/50-genk4...ness-p273.aspx I also have an '09 ragtop. Took about 2.5 hours, I don't get in a hurry. Love the mirror, wires into the fuse box behind the right kick-panel. Get a couple of fuse spades to use in the fuse box. Like the Homelink openers built in. No junk hanging on the visors. Comes with great instructions. Most of the trim pieces just snap on/off. Get the wire cover. $8.50 is a lot for a little piece of plastic, but it really make it look factory
Car is put up for the winter, but next project is side directional mirrors that I got from CDC on clearance. http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...t_detail&p=121 Can't tell they're in the mirror until the turn-signal is on. I figured for $100, I take take them back off it I don't like them.. Good luck....
Old 01-24-2012, 09:11 PM
asl9622
1st Gear Member

It is actually not hard at all to change the bulbs in the car at all. Behind the door handle is a little plate you can pop out. Undo the torx screx then pop out the whole little door handle assembly (the part with border around the door handle). This method is do able and you have to be careful because you have to move the assembly in certain angles to get it out. The BEST WAY is to just take off the entire door panel which takes 5 minutes.
I am attaching a link that I used to change the bulbs to leds in my entire car. You do not have to change to leds but it will show you how to access everything.http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...itches-463262/